“Great food-outside seating for enjoyment”
Review of Village Tavern

Village Tavern
Ranked #31 of 238 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual American Dining - excelling in Classic American/New England dishes, Seafood, and Smoked BBQ. Outdoor patio, Live Music, Game Room - with pool tables, darts, and retro video games. Excellent Food and a Great Price! Something to do Every night of the week. Ask about our Mug Club and Oyster Society!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Good selection of food and BBQ. Awsome smoked chicken wings, good French Onion soup and sandwiches with outside court yard seating

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Sat outside on the patio for lunch. Ordered the pulled pork sandwich but after a few bites I wish I would've went with a burger. My better half had a rodeo burger and loved it and I have to agree it was delicious considering I ate half. They also have a pretty decent beer selection. I might come back just for a burger that's how yummy it was. The brownie sundae was amazing and well deserved after walking around. Had a good lunch after a fun time at Pride.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We at here at the recommendation of the gentleman in the Magic Parlor. Drink prices were reasonable to what we're used to ($4 for a 16 oz draught Yungling, $5.50 for a 22 oz), and food prices were comparable to any similar restaurant where we're from. Jen, the hostest (we sat outside) was very nice and helpful and the food was pretty good as we all left full and satisfied with the meals we ordered. I will however, agree with other reviewers, that the big downfall was the slow and indifferent wait staff. Yes, we took a while to decide as there were many appealing options, but service was slow even after we made up our minds. My son asked for sugar with his Iced tea, which the waitress never brought or hung around long enough to remind when she brought the drinks. We were in a bit of a rush as we had tickets for our ghost tour, so we actually asked for our check when she brought the meals and had to rush down the food. We will return, but will plan our dining time accordingly.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Two of us stopped here for lunch recently. It was a bit on the warm side in the sun so sitting outside in the shade in front of one of the more interesting sculptures in Salem was a great find.

Our server was pleasant, helpful and eager to please. The food was certainly tasty: My wife had a delicious grilled chicken Caesar and I had the pulled pork -sandwich - smoked right on the premises. My singular complaint, a minor omen to be sure, was that although the fries were hand-cut they seemed a bit on the mushy side. But otherwise it was a tasty meal for both of us. I loved the idea they put pickles on my sandwich without me asking!

We washed our food down with a microbrew on tap-- from upstate New York I believe.

Overall, a nice place to recover your senses from strolling about Salem and prepping for taking on the Peabody Essex Museum.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Located in the heart of Salem on Essex, they have inside and outside seating. The service is
quick and friendly. The food is really really good. The atmosphere is relaxing. Glad we stopped!
We recommend this!