“Best sushi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Opus

Ranked #21 of 229 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Webster, Florida
“Best sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was there for a tasting and the sushi they served was the best I've ever had. They also paired it with a great wine to compliment our tasting.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Laura L
Hello Laura,

So glad you loved the sushi here at Opus. Scott our sushi chef is really talented. We actually just got awarded best sushi on the Northshore. Very exciting. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Many Thank,

N. Reading, MA
“My new favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I LOVE this restaurant.

Great atmosphere, great food, very nice wait staff

AND they offer entertainment downstairs at different times during the week

The food is eclectic, different, yummy, inventive. Nice portions and a reasonable price

This restaurant is wonderful for the lunch menu or the dinner menu

Try it . You will like it :-))

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank gmann7643
Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Opus. So happy you loved it as much as I do. It's a pleasure to be part of. See you soon.

Salem, Massachusetts
“Great small plates and sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went early for a drink and some small plates. Everything we ordered was done to perfection. My husband ordered the fries which I never like. To my surprise, they were hot, crispy and had great flavor. Best I've ever had!

• Visited March 2014
Hello Gloria,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Opus. We look forward to seeing you soon.

978-744-9600
Boston, Massachusetts
“STOP!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Tried to treat the wife to Mothers Day brunch...we were seated promptly at a table not adequate to accommodate 4 adults comfortably and then it began...our waitress promptly took our drink order and actually delivered them 26 minutes later. You have read that correctly...26 minutes to deliver 2 Bloody Marys!! During the wait we were treated to numerous refills
of water. Wow...Food eventually arrived and at that point big deal. Soft Shell Crab Benedict was terrible. Eggs were closer to hard boiled and actual crab meat was hard to find...even though both eggs were served with the crab shells under the eggs. Deep fried potatoes completed the presentation. Wife had a spinach omelet that was rated ok. Daughter noted that her veggie omelet was ok too but the side of "Wonder Bread" toast disappointed. Place has great potential. It's attractive and well laid out. Unfortunately my initial experience was awful. Do yourself a favor go to Naumkeag Ordinary. I will return to Opus and give it another chance... but not until
my memories of that terrible meal are gone.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank fatboy8453
Hello,

I am so sorry for your sub-par experience here at Opus. I also apologize for it being on Mother's Day. A day when you just want to enjoy family time. I would implore you to come try us again, as we have changed many things pertaining to this review. Please feel free to email or call me. I would love to have you back for a make-up brunch.

978-744-9600
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good quality; good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

You will not be disappointed. Some portions may be a tad undersized (samosas), but everything is tasty and fresh. Braised beef a keeper.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mew01921
Hello,

I am so thankful for your review of Opus. We have since increased our portion sizes while keeping prices the same. I hope to see you next time your in Salem. Again thank you for your review so we may better ourselves.

danny@salemopus.com

Been to Opus? Share your experiences!