“wedding”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Salem, Massachusetts
“wedding”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We ahd our daughters wedding at the hotel on Aug. 12, 2011.
Everything was so wonderful starting at check in.
The hotel rooms were elegant, the food was fit for a king. The grand ballroom was beutifully decorated, the staff was like this wedding was there own.
I highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel

10 Thank Richard P
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Dear RichardP,

We were so pleased to share in your family's special day when we hosted your daughters wedding! One benefit of being in the hospitality industry is the opportunity to be part of memories that will last a lifetime! We wish your daughter all the best of luck!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This is clearly one of the best, if not the best, of the modern hotels in Salem. On our first trip here 16 years ago, my wife and I were on our honeymoon and stayed in a B&B. Now we have a child and a B&B would really not work. This wonderful hotel gave us a large two-room suite with a full kitchen area at a very reasonable price. Since I have food allergies, being able to prepare my own meals is very important to me. This is also the only hotel in town with a swimming pool - a big plus for my daughter. The staff were friendly. The room was kept clean. Everything seemed consistent with a premium hotel. The location is perfect to walk to everything in Salem.

Room Tip: We had a better price with one of the specials that included extra meals over the regular rates.
10 Thank RLS-NJ
Wharton, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed there with my 15 yr old daughter this summer. There arent many hotels in Salem itself ,and the ones that are, are mostly set up like a B+B with one bed. You can get separate beds here.The rooms were clean and spacious. That staff was great. There was complimentary coffee in the AM (aside from a coffeemaker in your room)and lemonade and cookies in the afternoon in the lobby. The location is great . It's within walking distance to everything. A lot of the other hotels also have a minimum night stay,when we went this one did not which was a defininte plus.Its also across the street from the Grapevine which is a great place to eat.

9 Thank BGarbus
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Dear BGarbus,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that you chose to stay with us knowing the fact that we offer many different room types, including rooms with two double beds. The lemonade and cookies are certainly a treat when returning from a long day of exploring Salem from our great central location, aren't they?!? Many guests like the option of either getting coffee in our lobby or brewing it in their room. Thanks again for the great review and we hope to see you soon!

Eastham
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The Salem Waterfront Hotel has a convenient location: you can get to the witch house and the wax museum in minutes, the post office is only a few blocks away, and restaurants are abound. While I haven't been too much to the pier and the waterfront, it's literally next to the hotel - so you'd have no troubles whatsoever getting there.

The rooms are generously sized. I had a room with a "Dry Bar", because the other room types were taken, and so had a microwave and a fridge in the room. I don't even remember hearing the fridge, so it must have been very quiet - it definitely was convenient for storing drinks from Walgreens, in any case.
The United States of America doesn't like their walls: just like in the other hotels I've been to, you can hear anything that happens outside in the hallway through your door. However, the rooms are actually large enough to - together with the AC - drown that noise.
The bathroom is equipped with a hair dryer, towels, toothbrush and toothpaste. The shower could also dub as a small bath tub. Shampoo and conditioner are in tiny bottles next to the sink. They did not have complimentary shower gel like many other hotels, just a regular soap bar. Granted, they might have provided one upon request; I didn't ask.

The staff and their service really stood out. I checked in way early (2-3 hours I believe) - not a problem. They had the room ready, let me right in, no extra charge. When I asked for directions, the staff was helpful and forthcoming - something I missed in other hotels. You really get the feeling that they try their best to accommodate you.
One of the tours had cheaper tickets online, but I only had my laptop and couldn't print they receipt. No problem for the staff - they printed it for me, complimentary, of course. In other hotels I had to pay for that same service.

Wired and wireless Internet is available; it's reliable and free. Upon logging in, it asks you for how long you're staying, and you're all set. What's nice is that the service they use didn't prompt you for that information over and over again - once you entered it, it remembers it and doesn't bother you again. I did not do any speed tests, but downloads and VPN both worked with low latency and low jitter.

Anyhow, the only drawback I can think of are the "thin" doors. This isn't as bad as it sounds though, because most of the noise is drowned by the room's size and the AC (which is barely noticeable). On the plus side, you're close to anything downtown Salem, you have friendly staff that's there to help you out, and good rooms. If I go to Salem again, I wouldn't even think about taking chances picking anything else - I'd go here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
11 Thank sewiee
Dear sewiee,

Many guests enjoy our great central location and I am glad that you had the opportunity to as well. It seems that you stayed in one of our rooms with the Dry Bar which is very popular with families due to the fact that it has a microwave and a refrigerator. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our outstanding staff here at the Hotel. They truly strive to go above and beyond our guests expectations to provide them with a memorable experience. We hope to see you soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My girlfriend and I don't live far from Salem but decided to take a day off and get away somewhere for the night. After some research we decided on The Salem Waterfront Hotel. We couldn't have been happier with the overall experience. The only cons are that the room availability was tight so we had to stay in a suite that was a little pricier than I expected. However, the room, staff, and experience was great so I didn't have much of an issue paying what I would for a larger hotel in a bigger city. I highly recommend this hotel for everything it offers and the convenience of being near shops, great restaurants, water etc. We did hope that our room had a view of the waterfront, but it wasn't the end of the world. Good dining in the hotel as well...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Bobby O
Dear BobbyO,

We are glad that you chose to stay with us when you were looking to get away for a little rest and relaxation. We have been experiencing a very busy summer here in at the Hotel which explains why all of the other room types were booked. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite when you stayed with us. While the suites are a bit more expensive, they really give our guests to spread out and enjoy some pretty lavish accommodations. It is also great to hear that you got the opportunity to capitalize on our central location. Thanks again for the great review! We hope to see you soon!

Assistant General Manger
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My friend and I wanted to get away for a day. So we planned a trip to our favorite city Salem, Mass. We've stayed at many hotels and B&B's in Salem and surrounding area but this was my first time at the Waterfront Hotel. It was awesome! Everything was clean, comfortable and relaxing. The staff was fabulous! The friendliest people you could meet! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank PastelPenguin
Dear PastelPenguin,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to Salem! I am glad that you took your return trip to Salem as the opportunity to stay with us for the first time! We can't wait to have you stay with us again when you return to Salem!

Ellicott City, MD
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We stayed for one night at the end of a Boston vacation. We arrived in the early afternoon and our room was ready. Our toddler was asleep in the car, so the front desk made sure the crib was already in the room. That was awesome - we've never had that before. We were able to get into the room without disrupting the nap!

The room was quiet and breakfast the next morning was fast with great service.

7 Thank vtcheryl
jda192, Manager at Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Dear vtcheryl,

We are so glad that not only you but the entire family enjoyed your stay with us! We are very popular with families due to our central location and by having the only pool in a hotel in Salem. It is great to hear that your little one was able to remain asleep during the entire arrival experience! We hope to see you and your family soon!

Assistant General Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Rockport Inn and Suites
Rockport Inn and Suites
#3 of 6 in Rockport

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!