“Stayed for four nights”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Stayed for four nights”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Very nice hotel, very clean. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Would certainly reccomend to anyone visiting the area.Free parking in front of hotel and great location for exploring the historical sites. Many thanks for an excellent stay.

8 Thank carole j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I loved our stay at The Salem Waterfront Hotel. It's close to the waterfront, shopping, restaurants, and public transportation.. The staff was great, especially Ryan and Andrew. We had questions about catching the train and riding the ferry, and both of them were very helpful.. Breakfast at the restaurant was good, too. We didn't try dinner there, since there are so many place to eat in Salem.. The House of Seven Gables and Nathaniel Hawthorne's house are within walking distance. Salem is a beautiful town, and The Waterfront Hotel makes it more so.

10 Thank meggieg
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I were there for our third anniversarry sept 19th 2011, I must say it was really nice, overall expierience fantastic, I would like to personally thank Ryan at the front desk, although he didn't feel well, he made it really special for us , as well as professional, thats what people want is to feel special and he did that for my husband and I great trip all around.

10 Thank sharon m
Bedford
Reviewed 20 September 2011

What a great place to have a "destination" high school reunion or any other type of event. The hotel is situated right in the center of all the historical sights, wonderful restaurants and shopping. The class members took a Salem historical trolley tour and we were picked up right at the hotel lobby. A short walk from the hotel was the "Friendship of Salem" a replica 3-masted schooner and we had a tour of the ship from the National Park Rangers. The hotel staff was right there to handle every request we had for our reunion event with such professionalism. Many reunion attendees stayed overnight at the hotel which was so convenient. The hotel rooms were so nice and comfortable and some overlooked the harbor. I'd give that hotel and their staff the highest rating possible.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank Ruth M
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We cannot say enough about the staff at the Waterfront Hotel in Salem.
They are hard working, gracious, and accomodating.
They are dedicated to making your stay as enjoyable as possible.
The rooms are lovely, in every way, decor, quietness, & comfort.
We had a very positive experience here.
Chris Squillace, mkt.'g mgr.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank Christine S
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 September 2011

i had such a great experience at this hotel. i actually live down the street and stayed here the night before and the night of my wedding. perhaps it was because my maid of honor mentioned we were there for my wedding, but i was selected as a VIP! they sent chocolates and water to my room, and gave me a $10 gift card to the regatta pub downstairs, which is fabulous. hurray!

the hotel itself is gorgeous. the beds are comfortable and the room was at a perfect temperature when i walked in. aside from the fact that it was immaculately clean, the bathroom had a super nice smell the whole time. the location can't be beat, either. it's in walking distance of basically all of salem's best places to visit, touristy or not. make sure to check out the old spot down the road (on the corner of hawthorne and essex) for amazing food and a great beer selection.

i LOVED the shampoo and conditioner, and i think i'm going to track it down because it left my hair so soft and shiny. i've never enjoyed hotel cleansers before. the moisturizer was great, too. they were very generous to include a toothbrush and toothpaste in the room. the tv had many channels and the lighting options were great.

worth mentioning: i slept like a baby, despite the fact i was getting married the next day!

the staff was so super nice and i cannot recommend this hotel enough. i'd go back again even though i live within walking distance!

Room Tip: maybe try for a room that isn't above the function hall. i did hear music on the third floor due...
11 Thank rach f
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We arrived at the hotel early and were allowed early check in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I rented 2 rooms, one for me and my son and one for my parents. I was a little nervous that I would be charged for damage to my room because there were a few areas that other customers that stayed were disrespectful to. On the other hand, my parents room was perfect. They were thrilled and raved on everything. I will stay here again for sure when my parents and I come back next year.

Room Tip: our room on the 3rd floor was great... had no issues.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Jspaz1117
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
Boston Marriott Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!