Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
The Hotel Salem(Salem)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$222
US$144
Residence Inn
1,754 results
All reviewsregatta pubfront deskindoor pooljunior suitewithin walking distanceperfect locationhousekeeping staffking bedfree parkingnorth shorenew englandlobbypitsattractionsryanweddingipads
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I've been staying at this hotel since April - my first experience with this hotel was a disaster and I said so. The manager contacted me and took care of my concerns, going out of his way to ensure our repeat business. We continued staying there, booking trips every 2 months until this last stay in November. Now - I'm back to my original misgivings of this place. I checked into a dirty suite - nasty stuff caked onto the cushions of the sofabed that my brother was to sleep on and tables that were so sticky they too had crud also stuck to them. I went downstairs and asked for housekeeping to be sent up to clean the suite while my brother and I had lunch. I was instead offered a new suite, so I accepted it. Well wouldn't you know - once again I was next to a rowdy crowd that kept the party going all night long and woke me up in the middle of the night. I called the front desk and eventually someone went up to dispel the party, for which I was grateful, but my sleep was completely ruined. Upon check out I mentioned my unhappiness with the stay. The gentleman was very nice, but told me that it was really beyond their control since parties happen all the time in hotels and they had no choice since they had to move me. Well, my opinion is that if I had checked into a CLEAN room, then no one would have HAD to move me. I was also assured that the manager would reach out to speak with me. Well, I get a general email (addressed to "Guest") asking me to post a review here on TripAdvisor if I enjoyed myself and to contact him DIRECTLY if I had concerns or negative comments. Well, I did - and I'm still waiting for an answer. I checked out almost a week ago. Seems to me that they step up the service to keep the negative comments down and then when they snag your repeat business they no longer give a hoot whether or not you're satisfied since there really is no full service hotel competition in town. Sooo...I'll be staying in Boston - tons of full service hotel competition, and a better chance of getting consistent GOOD customer service. So since they couldn't be bothered to follow up with a return customer that spends good money on her stay...I'm taking my complaint to TripAdvisor - though I hold out ZERO expectation that it will elicit any kind of response. Boston here I come!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank tm2515
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This is a great hotel. The location is fantastic with great views of the harbour and of Salem. Check in was fast and very pleasant. The staff are great, it feels like a family run hotel with a really good personal service. The room was great, very spacious, super comfy bed and a great bathroom which again was spotless. We had a corner room so had great panoramic view. We had a couple of drinks sat outside the regatta pub which was very pleasant. The beer works and a couple of restaurants are right across the street and its walking distance from everywhere of interest in Salem. This is the only choice for me in Salem and on returning I will choose this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank moffica
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We visit Salem every year (for the last 12 yrs) and have stayed at the Salem Waterfront Inn several times since it opened. This year was special because we recently had a baby. We were a bit nervous visiting so close to Halloween with a new baby but it was the only time we could find the time. We usually visit early October so we knew we'd be in for quite a change.

When we booked our suite we told the hotel we would be traveling with a baby. The afternoon we checked in the hotel informed us they upgraded our suite based on our needs and loyalty. That made us feel very appreciated.

The rooms are spacious and modern, up to date. We usually book a suite because we like the extra space, fridge and couch, but the regular rooms are nice too. All the rooms have a "homey" feel to them and not that hotel, stiff feel. The bathroom and tub/shower is big. Most importantly, everything is clean!!!!

Everyday they had refreshments in the lobby for guests. The cider was delicious! They also had cookies and hot chocolate. It was nice to come in from the rain (it rained and snowed the entire weekend!) and sit in front of the fireplace and have some hot cider and talk with other guests in the afternoon. For families, the lobby bathrooms are easy to get to, clean and huge.

The staff is very helpful, friendly and accommodating. On our last day there, our flight didn't leave until late in the afternoon. The hotel was very flexible about letting us check out late and allowing us to store our luggage there for most the day.

The location is great. It's not too far from any of the "attractions" and they're are some restaurants around the hotel that are open late. There are also lots of little shops. It's right on the Wharf so the ocean is right there and you can catch the ferry to Boston as well. The train station isn't that far of a walk.

Halloween weekend is CRAZY in Salem, but the hotel was always very peaceful and never looked dirty or messy. I can't imagine us staying anywhere else from now on. We were very impressed with how they handled everything. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank winterfrost
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at this Hotel for our annual sisters weekend... 3 nights.. Plenty of room, comfy beds and nice and clean..! Staff was great... And you can not beat the location.. right in the heart of everything.. Easy to get to and never needed to get in the car until the drive home... Will go back again someday...!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bigdog1582
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My girlfriends and I stayed here two nights this past weekend and were very pleased with the hotel service! Every member of their staff from House to Front Desk to the Bartenders were kind, professional, flexible and accomodating. The rooms are a generous size and very comfortable. Very impressed. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends