“Excellent hotel and location!”

Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 9 June 2014

As a local resident, I have needed a hotel a few times over the years for parties or special events. I LOVE this hotel because of the exceptional customer service, convenient and walkable location, and comfortable rooms. If you are visiting Salem for any reason, I would highly recommend you stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Winddiva

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

While visiting Salem for a long weekend we stayed at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. The location is perfect for walking around Salem. The hotel staff was terrific. I arrived early and wasn't expecting to get a room before 3 but they took my phone number and called as soon as a room was available. The rooms are nice and clean. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 2 June 2014

When we first arrived Katie and Briana welcomed us like we were long time returning customers. They were all smiles and very professional. they informed us that we were the "OH WOW" winners for the day!!!!!! We went to our room and it was wonderful, everything we hoped it would be. The entire staff went above and beyond our expectations, thanks for an awesome time!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank LittleMomma63
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We just got back home from a week long stay at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and I can not say enough wonderful things bout this place. We were late getting in from the airport and Katie at the front desk pointed out the late night places to go for dinner as soon as we mentioned food. I wish I knew more of the front desk staff by name because they were all so welcoming and helpful- whether it was giving me directions for an early morning run, where to get the best food, or just giving us extra coffee. Also the little after noon treats of cookies and punch were a nice touch. The rooms were large and always cleaned well. The food is good and not expensive for the area. Kaitlin in the bar was great. She took great care of us. You also can't get a better location. Everything is within walking distance. There is also a great little coffee place Jaho's just a block away. I honestly can not recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Katidid988
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hotel is in a great location for exploring Salem. Short walk to train station for our day trip to Boston.
This was one of the nicest hotels in our 26 day travel around USA. Everything was just right including pastries available in the lobby. We were disappointed that they didn't have refrigerator in the room.
The diner opposite 'The Scratch Kitchen' was a very nice place to eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff J
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was wonderful to walk out the front door of the hotel and be minutes from all the attractions, restaurants and gift shops. The rooms are big, bright and clean. And, I was most impressed by the friendliness of the young women at the front desk! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MarilynJ8
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for a wedding. They did a fantastic job hosting the reception and my room was great. It was huge, very clean, and stocked with great amenities. Although my view wasn't waterfront, I honestly didn't care because the beds were very comfortable. I ordered room service in the morning and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. The food was pretty decent for the price too.

The only reason I didn't give a five star rating was that I had to call several times to confirm and correct my reservation, however they were very accommodating. Also, on the day of departure I had to call down to the front desk several times for the bellman to bring up the cart thingy for my bags. They eventually did and apologized for the delay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Christina R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
The Salem Inn
The Salem Inn
#6 of 9 in Salem

Been to Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!