“Cancellation policy”

Ranked #6 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Milford, New Jersey
“Cancellation policy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Be aware of their cancellation policy. We had a death in the family and they charged us the full cancellation and would not allow us a credit for a future stay. Their policy does not allow for unexpected life events and is rather harsh at time when the family is already grieving. Will not be staying there in the future as long as this policy is in place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Gary K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Chino Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The room was a little small, but the whirlpool tub was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. The location was perfect. Not quite in the middle of everything, but an after dinner jaunt away.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Romulusvoid
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

When I booked this room I thought it was just a large brick building, but there are several properties. We stayed in the Peabody House, a quaint yellow house two doors down. It was a lovely experience, and I wished we could have stayed longer than the one night. It was clean, comfortable, and decorated beautifully. Most important, the air conditioning worked great! Breakfast was good, and the room it was served in had a lot of character. I found this to be a good value, and I would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Renee555
Kinnelon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I took my two 15 year olds to Salem for the weekend. We stayed in the 4th Floor Family Suite. The room was great - Very clean.

Two complaints -

1- when we checked in I told the girl at the front desk I had AAA and wanted to apply the discount as advertised on the website. She said I had to let them know when I made the reservation. I told her I booked online and didn't see a place to enter my member number for the discounted rate. She said she would leave a note for management to contact me. I also told a different young woman when I checked out and she said she would follow up. I never received a call or follow up email.

2- no paper towels or napkins in the kitchen. It may not seem like a big deal but with kids it is.

Other than that we enjoyed our stay - the front desk staff were very friendly and answered our questions about the area.

Stayed July 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I spent one night at the Salem Inn in Salem, MA with my 2 adult children and niece. We were packing in as many witch attractions as we could before we had to take my niece to the Logan Airport.

Check in was easy. We were assigned to the Peabody House which was two doors down... Not a big deal. There was plenty of parking behind the house and it was easy to access. The house is three stories - we were on the second floor in a "suite". There was a queen bed and a twin bed with a trundle.

The reason I'm giving only three stars was because the room was in great need of updating. The wall to wall carpet was wrinkled, the bathroom paint was pealing, the love seat was dated... That said, the room was very clean and the AC worked good. The queen bed was very firm, but not bad. The towels were clean and seemed newish. The shower was fine (good water pressure), though very dated.

The breakfast was in the main building (two doors down) and was very nice. The quiche was yummy and the fruit fresh. The coffee was great!

If they give the Peabody House a few updates, it will be a 4 or 5 star hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Trekgurl
Leominster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I loved my huge, homey room with canopy, bed, jacuzzi tub, fireplace, and private balcony. My room was very reasonably priced with plenty of on-site parking behind the big Victorian house where I stayed. The staff were very accommodating and overall I had a very enjoyable stay. I would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Lynn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Clean but dated.Good linens and bedding.Loved the jacuzzi but it could be bigger.The colors are very subdued which can be good if you need to be soothed.If going for a romantic getaway one can have a nice time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Courtyard Boston Danvers
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to The Salem Inn? Share your experiences!