“3 girlfriend stay”
Review of Coach House Inn

Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Three of us women came to Salem to stay, and we were able to get a two-room with our own bathroom. It was very charming, updated, and cozy. It was air-conditioned with comfortable beds. The breakfast came in a large wicker basket that had muffins, hard-boiled eggs, juice, etc., more than enough for us to eat. I would recommend this B&B to any adult.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Richard B

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Coach House Inn in Salem last Friday/Saturday. Pat, the owner, had some terrific advice of great things to do in the Salem and Marblehead area, as well as maps that she circled for us etc.! The mansion was charming and beautifully decorated. Our room was also lovely. It was one of the one room suites. The bed was a bit uncomfortable for us (old bones) but not too bad. The breakfast basket of goodies that was on our room doorstep in the morning was filled with delicious croissants, muffins, warm hard boiled eggs, juice, and of course CHOCOLATE! We had a private bathroom and our own coffee pot in our room. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lisabeth722
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Our stay was simply delightful. The host went out of her way to genuinely make us feel welcomed and that included the housekeeping staff person. The continental breakfast placed outside our room in the morning was so very, very special. WE have only good things to say about our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BobV48
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Last minute decision to go to Salem for the weekend. After touring the town I needed a place to stay.Coach House was my first call and my only call. The room was on the third floor, smaller but perfect for just me. The Inn keeper was very knowledgable of the area and had some wonderful recommendations for restaurants and things to do.

Breakfast was brought to my door in a picnic style, with fruits, muffin, croissant, and even a hard boiled egg. Coffee was available in the room already.

It was a wonderful experience! Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MaCoffie77
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Loved the Victorian style of the house. We stayed in the first floor 2 room suite. The front room (which had tons of space) had 2 twin beds with an attached full bath. The second room (also attached) had a queen (I believe) sized bed. We never heard any other guests. We did explore the house a bit and came to realize it has 3 floors of rooms! (you wouldn't think that looking at it) everything was true to the time period along with the interesting wallpapers and floral bedspreads. Shower had awesome water pressure and water temperature was great. Breakfast was brought to our rooms in a basket (had warm muffins and croissants, juice and fruit). We had our own coffee pot and the hostess was kind enough to bring us extra coffee since my family and I are caffeine addicts. The hostess also told us about what places to check out in town and where the best parking was since its located on the outskirts but only took 5 minutes (if even) to get into town. Highly recommend staying here!!!! The only downfall I could see is the parking since its shared but they do allow street parking, but there is barely any traffic on the road.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank AmPo0610
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This was my first stay at a B&B, and it has inspired me to seek B&Bs whenever possible in my travels. The Coach House in is BEAUTIFUL, clean and well run. The innkeeper was very warm and was knowledgeable about Salem and Boston, and gave us lots of ideas for restaurants and entertainment.

The breakfast was waiting for us outside of our door each morning when we woke up and was quite satisfactory. I prefer to eat a quick breakfast, and this worked out perfectly for me. I don't remember the room number I stayed in, but it was on the third floor with 2 twin sized beds and a private bath. I slept without any problems from the mattress or street noise. The bathroom was very small but had good water pressure and was enough for us.

*I traveled in September of 2011 but the drop-down menu doesn't go back that far*

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tina A
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The house was nice and our room was ok with the exception of the mattress which was very uncomfortable. The inn is on a very busy street. The weather was warm the first night we stayed there so we had to keep the windows open. The street noise kept me awake. They don't serve a full breakfast, which we knew about so we can't complain. It was a basket that they bring to your room filled with fruit, croissants and muffins. I asked the innkeeper if she could leave out the croissants and muffins and she was nice enough to offer hard boiled eggs instead. They were cooked to perfection, so that was very much appreciated. She was very helpful in giving us suggestions on where to go and places to see.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank janedoe32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
1 mi away
Boston Marriott Peabody
The Salem Inn
The Salem Inn
#6 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!