“Lovely room and great breakfast!”
Review of Coach House Inn

Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Lovely room and great breakfast!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed at this lovely, well located B&B for a week in July. Pat is a great hostess! There was a lovely breakfast at your door in a basket each morning. I would absolutely stay again when I am in Salem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HappyTraveler954

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Coach Inn and could not be more pleased! The Coach Inn was everything we were looking for. It was clean, our room was spacious and the breakfast delivered every morning was delicious. The owner could not have been more helpful and pleasant. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, the room was spacious, the bathroom was small but suited our needs.
2 Thank patty b
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Excellent service, clean and beautiful place. Breakfast at your door in a basket in the morning. The owner is also an excellent advisor for local places to see and visit. Will be going again. Very good location close to Salem downtown and Marblehead.

Room Tip: Third floor is a long way up. Apart from that it was all good.
3 Thank xddorox
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Coach House Inn. It was the last leg of a long trip and we were happy to stay in a quiet, clean and comfortable inn. The proprietress went out of her way to accommodate us. She gave us our choice of rooms and was very helpful with providing directions and restaurant suggestions. She even offered me an evening snack and reminded me to take a sweater as the evenings are chilly.

The next day she packed us a breakfast FEAST to take on our jaunt home. My husband was very happy to munch on croissants, muffins, fruit, eggs and yogurt on the plane ride home. All in all a positive experience.

1 Thank laura r
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Had a late arrival but the hostess left detailed instructions so that we could check-in without any issues. The room was nicely decorated with a spacious bathroom.
What a surprise to find a cute gingham covered basket at the door in the morning stocked full of goodies for our breakfast - what fun it was to have breakfast in bed - it felt like a picnic in bed!
I hate to say anything negative, however, we both awoke with sore backs. Perhaps time to change the mattress? And we would have like to have found a common/sitting room but didn't see one. All in all, it was a nice accommodation for short term.

Room Tip: Be aware that the stairs are many and narrow if you are on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Juliadennis
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I was in town for an intense conference and decided to stay at this B&B. It was very enjoyable. In this antique-filled older residence, everything needed was provided, with all the comforts of home. My sunlit room was spacious with views overlooking a major but quiet thoroughfare, the bed comfortably firm, I chose a bathroom with a tub, the water adjustably hot, breakfast in a basket was outstanding and plenty of advice on what to do along with proximal places to eat. Housekeeping also tidied up while I was gone. Before coming I was also given accurate advice about how to navigate the airport, bus, and/or train. Staying here more than met my expectations and I sincerely hope I will have the opportunity to return.

Room Tip: Explain what you need; the owner (Pat) will help you get what you want.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 777carol777
Simi Valley
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our hostess was great. She was very helpful and gave us great suggestions as where to spend our time. The place is as advertised and for the price you get what you pay for. Our room was a third floor with a very small bath room and two beds. No dresser to put your stuff in, but it did have a closet. It also had a small refrig and a sink. The TV was very small, and sat on a small table, so you couldn't really see it well when in bed. The home is a great old place, needs a some TLC. It's all bedrooms on each floor. There is no formal eating or gathering area. Breakfast is brought to your room each morning in a picnic basket. Its really not much of a breakfast. Two hard boiled eggs some rolls two fruits and a small juice and coffee. But it was advertised as Continental. If your looking for a room to crash and a light breakfast in the morning you'll do fine here. if you want the full breakfast experience with other guest to mingle with, and an area other than your room to sit and relax this won't be your spot. But the off street parking was very nice to have. There is also no place outside to sit with a glass of wine or a book. I'd probably go back again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bath room. Some rooms share a bath. I wouldn't recommend accepting a first f...
1 Thank Staythurstymyfriends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
The Salem Inn
The Salem Inn
#6 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!