“Coach House Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Coach House Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

stayed at the Coach House Inn for a couple of nights in early October. It is at a good location close enough to the downtown area - a couple of minute drive and probably a 20 minute walk. The room was nice and spacious, we stayed on the first floor. Breakfast is served to the room in a little basket and is tasty and plentiful. The owner provided us with lots of information on places to go to and restaurants.

2 Thank Bertstadler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband & I just got home from our honeymoon in Salem, and I couldn't be more sad to be home. The Coach House Inn was so warm & cozy, and I loved every minute I spent there. I haven't slept that well, in a long time. The beds were SO comfortable. I loved the set up of our room. Patricia the owner, is so sweet & helpful. She gave us greats ideas for places to check out while we were in the area. Also, the breakfast that came to our door was so lovely. I was waking up like a kid on Christmas morning, so thrilled that it was 8:30am and I could open the door & find a little picnic basket filled with food. I couldn't have picked a more perfect destination for our honeymoon.

1 Thank Lindsay B
Andalusia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Our stay was amazing! We arrived into town a little later than planned but that was no problem! Our room was very clean and decorated with antiques. Breakfast in a basket every morning by our door was always hot and fresh! Patricia, the owner was very informative with maps and brochures suggesting many nice places and drives. We will most certainly be back to stay here...short walk to town and very safe area. We Loved It here!

1 Thank KimB1985
Sandbach, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. Patricia the owner is so kind and helpful and has lots of knowledge of where to go to eat and visit.
The house itself is a wonderful example of a grand house of its time with lots of history and Patricia has furnished it in keeping with its era.
The large room was comfortable and homely with plenty of space and large airy windows.
Breakfast was delivered to our door in the morning in little red riding hood baskets. The muffins and croissant were served warm and there was plenty of fresh fruit and juice. We had a coffee machine to make fresh coffee.
I think the price was a little high but may be that was we were in "Halloween season"
The location is out of town so you do need transport to get about.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper ask for a room at the back away form the road as the Inn is on a busy juncti...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robohas
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

On a recent business trip to Boston (Oct 8-11, 2013), I decided to stay in nearby Salem. I had a wonderful stay at The Coach House and it was welcome, comfortable inn at the end of some long days. I was a little late getting into town my first night, but Jackie was very gracious and patient and helped me get settled when I finally arrived. I mentioned that I probably wouldn't be able to take part in the breakfast because I had to catch the train into Boston,. But when I arrived back at the Inn that evening, she had put some muffins and other goodies in the fridge for me to make sure I had a good breakfast the next day. Plus some chocolates on the bistro table! It had turned a little chilly the first night and the next day the AC unit was out of my window without my having to say a word. She thinks of everything! The room was surprisingly spacious and included a four-poster bed, two chairs near the fireplace (non-working, unfortunately), a daybed, and the bistro set, closet, and armoire. I also had my own bathroom in the room. It was truly lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DianaLea19
Cumming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our stay at the Coach House Inn occurred from October 17 to October 20, 2013. Patricia, the owner, was very kind in helping us learning our way around town and pointing out good tourist places, shops, and restaurants. She lives in the home behind the Inn and is always available. Could not have had a better hostess.

The house is a beautiful antique! The wallpaper, furnishings, and decor is like stepping back in time. The entire house smells wonderful and is fresh and clean.

The breakfast arrives in a wicker basket with red and white checkered cloths. It looks like it came straight out of the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale. The baskets are filled with fresh, warm muffins, croissants, fruits, boiled eggs, orange juice and yogurt. Absolutely delicious!

It was truly a pleasure to stay at the Coach House Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackie R
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Not only was our room decorated in the most beautiful and comfortable furnishings that reflected the 1800's style of the home itself (including soft beds, a rocking chair, a bath deep enough to soak in, and extras such as hot chocolate to make at night), but everything was SUPER clean, and our hostess, Pat, was SUPER helpful, informative and downright KIND! The picnic basket of WARM croissants, COLD fruit, hard boiled eggs, and assorted extras MORE than satisfied our breakfast needs. I can't say enough great things about this place - except that I hope it won't get so popular that I can't book a room NEXT October!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Megan A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Stepping Stone Inn
Stepping Stone Inn
#4 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!