“Lovvvveeeddd It!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Lovvvveeeddd It!”
Reviewed 8 October 2008

My husband and I stayed here last October for our first trip to Salem. Ms. Pat was very kind and informative while we were there. We stayed up on the third floor overlooking the street and with the air conditioner on, we didn't hear a thing. The room was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfy. One of the best parts was waking up every morning to a basket full of warm muffins, fresh fruit and juice. We definately plan on coming back for another stay

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 October 2007

The inn was very nicely decorated and clean. The location was perfect for a visit with child at college. Stayed in third floor room, on the street side, very noisey. Also the beds were not very comfortable and the bathroom door nearly hit the bottom of the bed. Bed much too close to the bathroom. The little kitchen closet was very nice and the breakfast basket was adequate.

• Liked — Location for needs
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
Bronx, NY
Reviewed 2 April 2007

My boyfriend & I visited Salem, MA for a small vacation this past October 2006 & stayed at The Coach House Inn. It was a very pretty & very clean. The Innkeeper was extremely nice & very informative about the area & attractions. We also received 2 tickets to the "Witch History Museum" as part of our stay at the Coach House Inn.

Every morning we woke up to a pretty basket at our room door of fruit, muffins, crossiants & juice which was great to start the day.

The only thing I could "complain" about, which really isn't a complaint, was that our room was on the top floor & it was a real hike every night! 3 or 4 flights! Oh, and this Inn is on a main road & it can get a little noisey with the cars at night. You have to drive to get to all the attractions. Not far, but it's not walking distance.

But I would definitely recommend this Inn :)

• Liked — Very Clean, Friendly, Great Little Breakfast Basket!
  • Disliked — The Stairs to the top floor
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LauraBella79
Orlando
Reviewed 22 March 2007

First time staying in a B&B and was pleasently surprised by the comfort of home. Arriving we found our Hostess all ready and always willing to help with any and all needs,directions and ideas. This is a beautiful old Victorian Home in the middle of a beautiful old city,remember that when you book. The rooms were spotless,nicely decorated.The beds were ok. I do plan on making this a regular place to stay when I come to this great city. Extra KUDOS for assisting my hurting mom that traveled with us only days after totaling her car and being bruised all over by airbags. Without the generous hospitality from our hostess this trip would not have been such a great success. I am a picky person when it come to hotels and trip planning,(I should be,Im a Concierge at a 5star Disney Hotel) And i can say this was fantastic. Breakfast basket was always warm and fresh, room always taken care of and its always felt so nice coming back to the house were it was inviting and welcoming.I WILL stay here again,I promise you that!!!!!!

• Liked — size,rooms, Our lovely Host.The house
  • Disliked — beds need update
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 16 October 2006

with salem being as crazy as it is in october we were glad to be a mile from the action.with a 2 minute drive you were right where you needed to be.what a fabulous b&b.we loved the breakfast in a basket.the innkeeper was wonderful.she gave great restaurant suggestions.

• Liked — cleanliness of the room
  • Disliked — noise
  • Tips/Secrets — stay on right side of house it is warmer
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 14 October 2006

We were lucky enough to find two rooms on short notice at the Coach House Inn and our family was quite comfortable. It was nice to get up in the morning and find a warm basket of rolls, muffins, fruit and juice at our door too!

The owner was very friendly and so helpful in giving us directions to anywhere we needed to go and by car, everything is so close by.

The rooms were decorated beautifully and we just had a very nice stay there. I would highly recommend this Inn to travelers!

• Liked — I especially liked the warm basket of goodies at our door in the morning!!
  • Disliked — There isn't really anything I disliked about it. Everything was very nice.
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to do the "Haunted Footsteps Tour" in Salem at dark! It's just a short drive from the Inn.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary_Lou_H
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2006

Having just returned from staying at this delightful B&B in Salem, I can't fault a thing with the property.

I had read a review posted about this property before my trip, but after booking the room, I must confess to being a little apprehensive about staying here as a result of a bad review - but I can honestly say that the I would go back to this B&B time and time again.

Our host was friendly, helpful and informative. The room was well appointed, and very spacious. The breakfast was delivered in a gingham lined wicker basket direct to the room. The B&B was clean, the temperature was suitably controlled and the ensuite bathroom was spacious and more than adequate.

A truely delightful property, the website pictures for the Coach House Inn do not do it justice - the rooms are really pretty and full of homely touches.

• Liked — The whole expreience was superb, but the friendly host and the quality of the accommodation
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Weimiemommy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
#1 of 2 in Winthrop
Stepping Stone Inn
Stepping Stone Inn
#3 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!