“I felt like a Victorian lady for a night”
Review of Coach House Inn

Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our way from Nova Scotia to Ontario. Salem was right on the way, so we thought we'd make a little day trip out of it. This was the first bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. I'm not usually a fan of old antique-like things... they give me the creeps... so I was a little worried about staying here. However, I really enjoyed it! Everything was decorated in Victorian style, but everything was also very fresh and clean. As opposed to being like your grandmother's house where everything is old and smelly, this made you feel like you were transported back to the late 19th century. I felt like Lady Mary from Downton Abbey. The location was good; we walked to a restaurant in town for supper, and it was easy to get to. The next morning we took our car into town where they have 25 cent parking. The breakfast was absolutely lovely. It came in a cute basket. It included a yummy egg concoction, fruit, juice, muffins, and croissants. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend on a hotel, but every accommodation in Salem seemed to be at least this price or higher, so I think we made the right choice. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was nice. I wouldn't recommend the main level, because it...
2  Thank sneezekoofer

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Inn is located with easy access to Marblehead, Historic Salem, Boston as well as points North (beaches, New Hampshire and Maine. Patricia met with us daily for that extra added special touch and travel tips. She had excellent suggestions for restaurants in the area. Breakfast delivered daily by vintage basket contained ample proteins, fruits and breads. We even had enough fruit to take with us on our travels. Make sure you walk the 2 blocks down Ocean Street for an delightful stroll as well as wonderful view. Bathrooms are a bit cramped.....but hey.....the house was built in 1879. It is exactly as we wanted.

Room Tip: Main floor has a 2 bedroom suite, all other rooms are upstairs.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Enjoyed our time at this quaint inn. Morning breakfast in a basket at our door was a real treat. Room was spacious and cheery. The private bath a little cramped but certainly fine. Inn keeper very pleasant, friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I spent one night at the Coach House Inn and had a wonderful time. Patricia could not have been a nicer Inn Keeper. She was friendly and knowledgeable about the area and made some great recommendations in Marblehead. The Inn itself could use a little work but the room was very clean, the bed was soft and comfortable and it is in a quiet, safe neighborhood near the harbor so it is a nice walk around this historic neighborhood. The BEST is the picnic basket breakfast! Patricia and her staff place outside your door a picnic basket with red checkered napkins filled with all sorts of goodies. She had freshly baked blueberry muffins from Ziggy & Son (they are worth a visit too when coming to Salem), croissant, fresh fruit, fruit salad, mini chocolate bars and a mini quiche. It is such a pleasure to relax and eat in your room. Such a clever way to serve breakfast when there is no common room. Patricia and I ended up talking for over 45 minutes over the stay. You feel like you are visiting an old friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We found the Coach House Inn to be very pleasant & the owner was very knowledgable & helpful with the area. The room was very clean and the parking off the street was key. The continental breakfast left in a picnic basket was a great touch plenty of food for two. You will need a vehicle for the short jaunt to get to the center of the key areas but once you are there everything is pretty much in walking distance.

Room Tip: It's a B&B so all rooms seemed the same depending on sleeping arrangements ( double beds or...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Davis R
Reviewed 10 November 2013

stayed at the Coach House Inn for a couple of nights in early October. It is at a good location close enough to the downtown area - a couple of minute drive and probably a 20 minute walk. The room was nice and spacious, we stayed on the first floor. Breakfast is served to the room in a little basket and is tasty and plentiful. The owner provided us with lots of information on places to go to and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bert S
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband & I just got home from our honeymoon in Salem, and I couldn't be more sad to be home. The Coach House Inn was so warm & cozy, and I loved every minute I spent there. I haven't slept that well, in a long time. The beds were SO comfortable. I loved the set up of our room. Patricia the owner, is so sweet & helpful. She gave us greats ideas for places to check out while we were in the area. Also, the breakfast that came to our door was so lovely. I was waking up like a kid on Christmas morning, so thrilled that it was 8:30am and I could open the door & find a little picnic basket filled with food. I couldn't have picked a more perfect destination for our honeymoon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
1 mi away
Boston Marriott Peabody
The Salem Inn
The Salem Inn
#6 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!