“Looking forward to a return visit!”
Review of Coach House Inn

and 1 more site!
Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Just returned from a lovely trip to Salem, Massachusetts and am already looking forward to another visit. We stayed at The Coach House Inn Bed and Breakfast and found it to be charming. Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated in Victorian décor and very comfortable. We were happy to find that The Coach House Inn had ample off street parking, beautiful landscaping, and a delicious breakfast delivered right to your door so you can begin your day early. The price was a great value for all of the amenities. The owner, Pat, is very welcoming and knowledgeable about the North Shore. Her information concerning all of the things to do and see were invaluable. It took us about 10-15 minutes to walk to downtown Salem where we found wonderful restaurants and an authentic New England town. We will definitely return as there is so much to do and see. An added bonus and special treat for me was the beautiful Andrew Michaels full service spa directly across the street.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Coach House Inn

Reviewed 21 February 2009

My wife and I visited Salem on a road trip through historical places in Massachusetts. The Coach House Inn was a terrific bed and breakfast to stay in while visiting Salem. Pat did a fantastic job at explaining what was in the area and how to get there.

Many people in their reviews state that it's not within walking distance. The walk itself is about 20mins, and is great for people who enjoy walking, are young, or who are trying to save money in gas expenses. The attractions in Salem itself are fairly close to each other, and the ones that are further can be accessed through the narrated trolley tours that are offered.

Each morning there is a basket of fruit, croissants, juice, etc., which is a nice touch and helps you start your day. Also, there is a mini-fridge (at least in our room), so if you happen to buy something like a sandwich it will keep in the small fridge. A small TV with cable was great for nights when back at the Inn. The inn itself is a beautiful Victorian mansion.

Some people find this location noisy at night, but that was not our experience. I would imagine that it would be louder the closer you are to the attractions - and more expensive.

D. Brennan
Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2008

My friend and I stayed at the Coach house inn last week. The house is beautiful and a little creepy which is okay considering the town your staying in. The inn Keeper Pat is very nice and helpful. And pretty insightful about the things to do and how to get around. We stayed on the first floor in a room with two twin beds and a shared bath. I dont sugest staying in this room. The shared bathroom is pretty far down the hall directly in front of the office so there is no privacy involved in that at all. Its also the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. The shower itself is very tiny. I wish I had a taken a picture. We acually did not use the shower the night we stayed there we decided to wait until we checked into our next hotel in Boston. I think the rooms on the bottom floor are the only ones that have to use that bath so I would for sure stay in a diffrent room next time I was visiting there. In the morning there is a basket waiting for you outside your door filled with fresh fruits, Pastries and juice. I think thats a really sweet touch. Besides the issue with the bathroom The coach house inn is a really charming place to stay. Also alot of reviews people have written say that it is walking distance from all the attractions. Its not.. We wanted to walk everywhere but ended up driving into town. Its safer and much more comfortable if your going to be staying there at a time when its cold outside. But the drive is easy and parking isnt an issue at all.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank kittenclaws82
Reviewed 12 October 2008

We stayed at the Coach House Inn for 3 nights this October. The innkeeper, Pat, was very accomodating and helpful in finding things to see and places to go. Though showing some signs of wear, the inn was clean and had a lot of history built into it, which was nice. However, the inn was situated on a very busy street and it was difficult to sleep past 5:30 in the morning. If you are a light sleeper, I would recommend staying elsewhere. The location of the inn was nice- just a few minutes drive from everything in Salem. But parking is hard to come by in Salem, and walking from this inn is a bit of a stretch if you plan to see a lot of attractions.
Overall, I felt that the price we payed for our stay was a bit steep for what we got. We chose the inn based on the historic feeling of it, but I don't think that I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2008

My husband and I stayed here last October for our first trip to Salem. Ms. Pat was very kind and informative while we were there. We stayed up on the third floor overlooking the street and with the air conditioner on, we didn't hear a thing. The room was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfy. One of the best parts was waking up every morning to a basket full of warm muffins, fresh fruit and juice. We definately plan on coming back for another stay

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2007

The inn was very nicely decorated and clean. The location was perfect for a visit with child at college. Stayed in third floor room, on the street side, very noisey. Also the beds were not very comfortable and the bathroom door nearly hit the bottom of the bed. Bed much too close to the bathroom. The little kitchen closet was very nice and the breakfast basket was adequate.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2007

My boyfriend & I visited Salem, MA for a small vacation this past October 2006 & stayed at The Coach House Inn. It was a very pretty & very clean. The Innkeeper was extremely nice & very informative about the area & attractions. We also received 2 tickets to the "Witch History Museum" as part of our stay at the Coach House Inn.

Every morning we woke up to a pretty basket at our room door of fruit, muffins, crossiants & juice which was great to start the day.

The only thing I could "complain" about, which really isn't a complaint, was that our room was on the top floor & it was a real hike every night! 3 or 4 flights! Oh, and this Inn is on a main road & it can get a little noisey with the cars at night. You have to drive to get to all the attractions. Not far, but it's not walking distance.

But I would definitely recommend this Inn :)

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LauraBella79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Stepping Stone Inn
Stepping Stone Inn
#5 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!