“Great place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Coach House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Coach House Inn is an excellent place to stay. We arrived earlier than the check in time, but were shown to our room and were able to check in upon our arrival. Our hostess greeted us and provided us with brochures and maps of places to see during our stay. She also recommended places to eat . She always greeted us in the morning and asked us how our night went. The continental breakfast was a pleasure. A cute basket, delivered outside your door, with pastries, fruit, and juices. Coffee , tea, and hot cocoa fixings were in the room. Beautiful antique furniture and accents. Clean and well kept up.
When we left, I forgot to pack some sweaters that were in our closet. I emailed the Inn and asked if they could be returned to me by mail. My things were sent within a week.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone staying in Salem.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camilloJewettCity
There are newer reviews for Coach House Inn

Reviewed 6 October 2010

I stayed at the Coach House Inn for three nights, starting October 1st and checking out October 4th.
The B&B is easy to find and a great location within walking distance, 15-20 minutes at most, to downtown Salem and the attractions.

I stayed in a two room accommodation. The first room had two beds, three big windows facing the side street, two large mirrors, chairs, a large dresser, a color/cable tv, plenty of space for luggage and room to breath and access to a private bathrom. The second room, connected through a door you can leave open or closed, had one bed, a refrigerator, color/cable tv, two windows, air conditioning/fan, mirror and sink(having the private extra sink was awesome). All the furniture is beautifil looking and antique-y.
If staying in the second one bed room there is still easy access to the bathroom and it's very private.

The rooms are busy looking with bright wallpaper, striped floors, rugs, colorful bedspreads and lacey curtains. I found the rooms to be emaculate &very very clean. I can tell the owner takes great pride in the B&B.

Although you can easily hear conversation going on in the hallway outside the room or guests coming and going through the backdoor I would not say the noise was loud, annoying or disruptive. I actually found that in my room, the single bed room, it was extremely quiet even though my window looked out to the parking lot and was next to the hallway and door.. I actually slept almost all the way through the night which is something I can never do at home.
The beds are super comfortable and soft with multiple pillows.
The fridge is big enough for whatever anybody would want to bring and keep cool. I stored ice teas, sandwiches, apple sauce and that kind of stuff in there.
The bathroom has a shower/tub and the shower as excellent pressure and the water always stayed hot. There is tons of storage in the bathroom for toiletries. Both rooms had shampoo, conditioner and soap and was replenished daily if used. All three garbages were emptied and fresh towels supplied daily as well as beds made and room straightened up. It was a very nice touch and makes the guest feel at home.
We were greeted kindly upon our arrival, given tips and directions and found it easy to park in the parking lot outside the B&B. When the lot filled up over the weekend there were tons of parking spots along the front and side streets and it was no problem.

Each morning a continental style breakfast is left at your door, in a basket, around 830am. Over the course of three days the breakfast included croissants, danishes, blueberry, raisin bran and corn muffins, butter & jelly, orange juice, peaches, grapes, green apples, red apples, bananas, oranges and a pear. The dresser has a small basket stocked with hot chocoalte, regular and decaf coffee, teas and sweetners and half and half. There is also a coffee maker which we used daily. Each room has two bottles of water and glasses in addition to the mugs for coffee, hot chocolate or tea.

I found the experience of staying at the Coach House Inn to be very pleasant, effortless, comfortable and safe. I don't have any complaints. If you want to stay someplace homey, victorian looking or just something radically different from a hotel than this would be a good place for you.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank hauntingsummer
Reviewed 6 September 2010

My guy and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Salem. We quickly did some research and found the Coach House Inn, called and were immediately given a reservation for the night...nice! Having never Bed and Breakfast-ed before, we weren't quite sure what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised. The Inn was very quaint and charming from the outside, and the grounds were very well kept. Inside was like stepping back in time. The decor was definitely very period, with some victorian flair...I think the thing that impressed me most was the absolute cleanliness of every surface....there was not a speck of dust anywhere! The innkeeper, Pat, was very friendly and helpful, with tips of things to do and see, and restaurants in the area, all within just a few minutes walk. We woke to the smell of fresh muffins and a short while later, there was a lovely basket with some of the freshest fruit and delicious muffins outside of our door...YUM! As we were leaving, Pat came out to bid us good-bye, like we were old friends, it was really nice...can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simplyjean
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We arrived a few hours earlier than expected and it was no problem. Pat, the innkeeper, was very nice and extremely helpful with area information. Our room on the third floor was almost perfect and I say almost because the only thing I would change is putting a regular door on the bathroom. Currently it has a bifold louvered door which isn't very private. Other than that, I would say the place is perfect. Very clean, comfortable bed and the breakfast basket at the door is a nice touch. The house is very old but very well preserved and tastefully decorated with period furnishings. It's away from the downtown area but we walked everywhere and it was no problem. It was only a 3 mile drive from Marblehead which was very nice as well. Highly recommend staying here if you're visiting downtown Salem.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We were greeted immediately upon entering the B&B and the owner could not have been happier to see us. She asked if we were enjoying our stay in Salem, offered to help us find restaurants for dinner and made sure we had directions to our destinations for the next day. She was very friendly and welcoming.

Our room was beautiful! We stayed in the Yellow Room and it was perfect. It was neat as a pin and very cozy. We entered the room to hear lovely classical music playing on the radio, which was a great way to set the tone for our stay in this wonderful Victorian house. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast arrived promptly at 8:30am, as promised. Breakfast consisted of fruit, juice, coffee, muffins, and croissants with jelly.

The house is about a two minute drive from downtown Salem so it was very easy to travel back and forth. There was ample parking behind and on the sidestreet next to the house, thus parking was never an issue.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay! I only wish we could have stayed one more night.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarconiRosa
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I would stay here again in a heart beat!!!! Patricia the innkeeper was so wonderful, allowing us to check in hours early so that we could sightsee without our baggage in tow. She was really helpful, but not intrusive, allowing us to settle in and go about our stay. Everything you could need is provided for you and our room was fabulous!!!! We were on the third floor in room 32, which had a dormer window overlooking Lafayette street and another window with a window seat. The decorations are busy but just what you want in an old Victorian house. I fell in love with the art nouveau wallpaper in the bathroom and took a photo of it because I loved it so much. The bed was the most comfortable one on our vacation. The only drawback is the 9 block (or so) walk into town, but that was okay and would not keep us from staying there again. We both wished we had stayed there another night and used it as our base to see other places.
Thank you Patricia for a great stay!!!!! Worth EVERY penny!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2009

This was an excellent B&B. We stayed there for a romantic and leisurely three-day weekend and visit to Salem, MA. The owner and hostess, Pat, was exceptional. She is knowledgeable about the area and advised us well, regarding local attractions. You can walk into the heart of Salem from this B&B, but the distance is a bit far in the rain or if you are not up to a brisk walk. If not then don't worry. It is about a two to three-minute drive into the downtown area, with parking available in lots and garages.

The rooms at this B&B are well-appointed and beautifully arranged in a lovely and very tasteful Victorial style (see pictures in this and other reviews). We were very comfortable. The entire place was spotless. The breakfast was placed outside the door at 8:30 am each morning and included: croissants, muffins, fruits, and orange juice. Butter and jam were also provided. There is a coffee maker and fridge in the room.

In short, we had a wonderful stay and Pat is an excellent hostess and owner. We would gladly stay there again. This is an excellent place for couples.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Stepping Stone Inn
Stepping Stone Inn
#5 of 9 in Salem

Been to Coach House Inn? Share your experiences!