Stayed one night with my young daughter and small dog. This seems to be a newer La Quinta and overall was a good value. It's not as nice as a Marriott or similar but not a very big step down either. We usually prefer "nicer" hotels, but this time we were travelling with our small dog on a spur of the moment trip, and the price was right. Most of the other guests were military with some working-class couples and families.
Things we liked about this hotel:
- Staff friendly. No hassle about dog at all.
- Nice pool esp. for this hotel class. Better than some we've seen at "nicer" hotels. Loved that it was covered due to the intense hot SA summer sun.
- Decorations and furniture tastefully done. Very pleasant and comfortable.
- Very large rooms. Like a suite but with no door or other separation between bedroom and sitting area.
- Fridge and microwave in room.
- Good location: near intersection of 1604 and 281. Lots of restaurants nearby. We stopped at Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts for breakfast.
Things we didn't like about this hotel:
- Beds could have been a little bit softer
- Would have preferred higher thread count sheets and bedspreads.
- Breakfast was so-so but pretty standard for a free hotel breakfast. My daughter declared that the eggs were disgusting ... but we both choked down a few mouthfuls since we knew those Krispy Kremes were coming afterwards.
- Pool had a little too much chlorine but not too bad.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would (and probably will) definitely go back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LaQuinta, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak Texas