“A historic site”

and up
Small-Group World Heritage San Antonio Missions Tour with Guide
Ranked #25 of 268 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: A Franciscan Mission seen along the Mission Trail.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We went to all of the Missions in the San Antonio National Historic sites. It was interesting tour of some important sites in the area and all 5 missions were easy to locate. It was well worth the time to go and see them. Unfortunately, they are renovating Mission Espana and we were not able to view the interior of the church.

1  Thank Robert M

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Beautiful mission set in a wonderful park. Eye opening! This is an easy and delightful way to walk through the early history of Texas.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

After visiting all of the missions in San Antonio, I find myself wanting to return over and over to Mission Espada. It is the smallest of the missions, but there's something very charming and comforting about this place that keeps drawing me back. It's the happiest of the four, with lots of beautiful blooming flowers outside of the living quarters near the church. While the priests no longer live on premises, it looks as if they do, and do so lovingly. There's a few cats that hang out in front of the church, softening the history of the place and it reflects love, care, and a sense of community still alive and bubbling under the decaying outer perimeter walls. The church is small, but there is a sweetness to the inside. You feel safe there. Comfortable. Like you want to cast your burdens aside, breathe a little deeper and return to a simpler life. I find myself lingering. Not wanting to leave. I slowly walk the paths. I meander, meditate, say a prayer for family there. When I pull out of the parking lot, I feel lighter. Happier. Calmer.

1  Thank TallyHoHoHo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I really wanted to see this one but it's under construction so you cant go in :/ not really much to see if you cant go in.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This mission is truly beautiful and I was disappointed that we were unable to visit the chapel due to repairs being made on it. If we are ever back in San Antonio we will definitely bike the mission trail again and visit them all again!