“Nice golf course”

SilverHorn Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A beautiful public course with a feature 4th-hole.
wi
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice golf course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

Played this in mid October after playing Quarry and Pecan Valley. A very nice course with a fun layout. Customer service was "so-so". They did tell us before we arrived that they had overseeded a week ago, but should not affect play. Well, the greens were like shag carpet. Still, the layout and hole varieties were a lot of fun. Only saw the cart girl on #3 and then on #18. We will play this course again.

Tyler, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“upscale???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

We played at Silverhorn because it was near our hotel in the north part of San Antonio near the airport , when we could not play at the Quarry GC due to a tournament .Yes, there were huge jet airplanes flying right over head, but not really a bother. This course is advertised as an upscale course the public can play. Ok, the fairways are in nice shape, but I see nothing else to make it upscale. Just because you charge more doesn't make you upscale.How about a restroom somewhere on the course,not a biggy to me but the ladies have an aversion to an outhouse.Our muni at home has real restroom facilities on the course at least.There are very few water coolers scattered around. Last but not least, Is it a requirement for a starter to be an [--]?if so their's is over qualified.So, challenging course.....very very tight....upscale?, not in my experience and I have played some really nice courses.We had a nice day ,however, due to great company.

3 Thank chext57
Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place to Play Golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2008

I really enjoyed my trip to SilverHorn. The greens rolled true & the course was in great shape. The staff was very nice & knowledgeable. I
thought it tough but fair. Great lay out. tight fairways lined with big trees. Very scenic. On most holes, I'd give up some distance for accuracy, although there are still some holes where you can grip it & rip it. Came across many risk vs reward shot decisions, which made it very enjoyable & challenging. Love the hill country terrain & saw why their logo is a deer. Saw many deer throughout the round, which was an
unexpected bonus. Great Burger in their restaurant! Will definitely go
back next time I'm in San Antonio.

2 Thank CarebearHouston
A TripAdvisor Member
“the deer on the course added to our enjoyment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2006

Silver Horn is a very scenic course. The fairways were firm and gave alot of roll. It was not extremly difficult and the better players would probably have more fun by playing the back tees. Many deer were seen crossing the fairways while we were playing and that added to our enjoyment. All in all it was a fun day and I would recomment it to all levels of golfers.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member