“Dirty, dirty!!!!”

Ranked #266 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Killeen, Texas
“Dirty, dirty!!!!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I rented 2 rooms in this hotel as it was close to River Walk. As soon as I got to my room I noticed it was hot. The AC was not working. I called maintenance and they sent someone right away. The gentleman played with the buttons and then he punched the AC until it started making some noise. He said that it was going to take some time to make the room comfortable . He added that in case it stop working in the middle of the night we just needed to punch it hard . I went to the lobby to request a new room. We were moved immediately. The new room did not smell very clean and the carpet needed some cleaning. We unpacked and I went to take a shower when I noticed that the toilet overflow and that the carpet was wet. Excrement was coming out of the toilet and was on the floor. Once more I called the front desk. This time they sent a lady quickly. She came with a plunger and a towel. I heard her working on the toilet. She dried the floor with the towel and she was not wearing any gloves . She did not mop the floor and they did not bring a wet vacuum to dry the carpet. To me this was very disgusting and unhealthy. We decided to stay and leave the next morning because we were tire and we had 5 kids with us. The second room we rented for my daughter had the same problem. She said that the bathtub was clogged and the bathroom had the same problem . Sunday morning before leaving the place we went to have breakfast. The tables were dirty and sticky. The container that had the muffins had 2 flies inside. The scramble eggs were runny and there was like a puddle of water at the bottom of the tray. Disgusting!. We left without eating breakfast. I stayed at this hotel years ago when it was called Quality Inn and we had a great experience. This time was awful. I have to say that the staff was very nice and friendly. It is not their fault that the hotel is such in a poor quality. We will never stay in this hotel at all. A sanitary inspector should come and check this hotel. It should be closed, cleaned and repaired before they can operate again. The bedspreads should be removed and have only white and clean sheets. The carpet has to be replaced. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. The price was not cheap at all. Actually I found a 5 star quality hotel, clean and excellent for less money.

Room Tip: Find yourself another hotel. The only good thing is that it is closed to the highway. However the ne...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family for my sons graduation from Lackland.
The maids were sweet, and helpful, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable, breakfast was very good, eggs, bagels, cereals, coffee, sausage and waffles shaped like Texas...which delighted my kids.
The pool was clean, and over all its a great value, its a lovely little family spot where you can feel safe and enjoy yourself. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: clean, comfortable, with friendly staff...thats what you want when you travel, thats what you'll...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Fort Madison, Iowa
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is located close to the interstate. From this location it is also easy to get downtown without getting on interstate in about 10 minutes. My room was large on the back side of the hotel and was quiet.The room was clean though bed a little soft. The room had HDTV, recliner, microwave, and frig. I also liked the free parking, free high speed internet, and king size bed.

Room Tip: Rooms on side opposite pool are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Utah
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Hey, It's an Econo Lodge. The motel was clean and comfortable. The staff and the manager was on top of everything. Breakfast was outstanding! Fluffy scrambled eggs, sausage, Texas waffles. Great value for the price

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pcskier08
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Staff was great thank you Ismerelda for all your help in giving us great directions on how to get down town with out using the freeway. Our room was clean and bathroon very clean no plumbing problems even though they had a sign over the tolit about overflows. A bit noises being it was so close to freeway next time will book on otherside of hotel. Breakfast was good and surrounding great they had a Sonic, and BBQ place rite next to hotel and gas station accross the street . All in all was good. Eat at the BBQ place next door great food. Room had coffee pot, refgefg.micro. All good.

Room Tip: Book room on other side of the freeway. If you are noise sensetive.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosann M
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2013

It was definitely good enough for the 2 nights we were in San Antonio. It was not located in a great area of San Antonio, but it was close enough to what we were there for. It did include a nice continental breakfast and free wifi, so that was great. It was old looking, but clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank meli50meli
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed at this Econo Lodge during the rodeo and stock show event, and I must say this is one of the best economy hotels I have ever stayed at!! Microwave and fridge in every room, free hot breakfast including scrambled eggs and waffles, and great clean rooms with a flat screen tv. The staff is very friendly and were helpful with directions and suggestions for local attractions near downtown. Swimming pool looked sparkling clean, but it was a bit chilly so we didn't go in the water. We will be recommending this hotel to everyone we know and will be back in the summertime!!! Kudos to the management!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family