Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$378
US$367
Hotels.com
US$185
US$179
  • Pool
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$233
US$221
US$314
Hyatt.com
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$364
US$356
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$157
US$134
ComfortSuites
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$286
  • Breakfast included
US$384
US$337
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbmt graduationair force graduationclose to lackland air force basefront deskmilitary familiesbasic trainingpool and hot tubroom was cleanevery morningrecommend this hotelstay there againminute driveexcellent place to staystaff was extremely helpfuleasy accessbreakfast staffrecommend staying here
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I had a nice stay at the lackland holiday inn. The staff was nice and friendly, the location was great (right next to the air force base), and this was all at a reasonable price. Definitely recommend to anyone in the Lackland area and looking forward to another stay!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay was and I would also like to "Thank you" for choosing The Holiday Inn Lackland for your hotel needs. Hope to see you in future. Once again, Thank You.

Akta Patel.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here in Dec '13 for our son's graduation from AF BMT. I made the reservation online and when we checked in they said they could not help with a discount for Lackland guests. Told me I needed to check with manager the next day. Manager said no discounts, unless I had AAA or AARP. So I called HI Customer Service, they said they would talk to the hotel and have someone get back to me the next day. They didn't, so I asked again for a discount at check out, again NO. We stayed 5 nights and heard from many other guests that they were paying $87 a night, we were charged $135 a night!!!! So I suggest to any future Lackland guest that you stay somewhere else! I am sharing my recommendation with AFWingMoms as well. On the upside the staff was nice and a clean hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lana B
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. Graduation rates are booked directly with Air force. We regret that we have left you with a less than memorable experience and we offer our sincerest apologies for we have failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations. We will review your concern and retrain our staff to resolve guest concern.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. It was real convenient because of the short distance to the base. The staff was nice and friendly and my room was better than expected. Will definitely come here next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We are very happy to hear you had a stay with us. Thank you for choosing us.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Holiday Inn. We were very happy we picked this hotel while we were here for my son's graduation. Very comfortable room easy access to Airforce Base. Guest room are cozy received great service. Our rooms were very clean.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback we are glad you were able to relax and enjoy your stay with us. We will review you feedback with our staff.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I am a soldier in the Guard who was attending courses at Lackland. I was injured in January and at the time of this stay (late August) I was still non-weightbearing on my leg. I am also a Physical Therapist specializing in home health in my civilian life so I am VERY aware of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the needs of those who are disabled.

I called before making my reservation to see if the hotel had "handicapped" accomodations and I was assured they did. They explained the bathrooms were larger, the toilet was ADA compliant by being taller, the tub had a handheld shower and a tub bench to sit on. I made reservations online and I specifically requested that type of room in the comments. The next day I called to confirm the reservation and they verified that they had received the special request.

Care to guess what I didn't get?

At the check-in they couldn't find my reservation at all. I gave the girl the confirmation number as well and she still couldn't find it. She actually looked under my last name in her stack and lo and behold - there it was. Then, she said her computers were down and I would have to come back later with a card to place on file because she couldn't take one at the time. She suggested I do it the next morning - when I was supposed to be on base. I confirmed at the desk that the room was what I had requested and was assured it was as specified. I was lied to.

The room was in NO WAY ADA COMPLIANT. It had a standard tiny bathroom that there is NO POSSIBLE MANNER anyone with a wheelchair, a walker or crutches could get into. I was able to squeeze in using only one crutch and assist from a fellow soldier who then had to leave before I was stable so that I could close the door. In fact, I had to almost climb into the tub with one leg to close the door at all. It was TINY. There was no tub bench at all nor a hand-held shower. After calling the front desk and informing the girl that I was NOT happy and I was told THEN AND ONLY THEN that they didn't have a room that I had requested. That makes lie number two somewhere in the mix. I then told the girl that I would leave for another hotel if there was not at the least a tub bench in the room in ten minutes, she called the MANAGER to find out where one was to bring to the room. This reflects a serious lack of training on the part of the management or a serious lack of intellect on the part of the staff.

The room was cold when the AC was on and this is the only good thing I can say. There was a small fridge in the room which had a problem with the compressor and ticked loudly all night. The floor was filthy with food and debris pushed to the wall under the valet stands. I assume this was done when the maid ran the vac and was either too ignorant to notice or too lazy to care to pick it up. The vanity was dated and stained and the mirror was not cleaned into the corners - it seemed it was wiped down the center only as far as the maid's arm would reach while standing in front of it.

At checkout, the girl at the counter NEVER MADE EYE CONTACT ONCE. She also never asked how my stay had been. I stood at the counter for over three minutes (at 0530 mind you) while she was in the lounge talking to another staff member and not tending to her customers. I also stood in complete silence while she stared at the computer for over four minutes before she told me it was restarting so she could print a receipt.

I should also point out that I am a member of their "Preferred Guest" set-up and I was still treated like I was irrelevant. I filled out a compaint form online with the International Hotels Group that they are a part of and have twice gotten a letter telling me they are shocked and looking into it and that the hotel is a franchise and they are forwarding my information to the hotel management. In other words, they don't care and are passing the buck. At this time, four weeks later, the management group has not done a damn thing.

I have been a hotel employee in the past and I can understand the stress of working in this field. I can't understand pissing on a customer. This is amongst the worst face-to-face treatement I have ever gotten at any business, much less a hotel. I was appalled at the complete disregard for the truth, the complete uncaring attitude of the staff and the failure to meet ADA requirements and basic hygiene standards.

I have made arrangements to stay someplace else in the future and I highly recommend that no one EVER stay in this hotel again. The sooner they are out of business the sooner someone who cares can make it a better place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CitizenHoss
AKTA P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lackland AFB (San Antonio), TX, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

I am concerned to read that your stay was not what you expected. I am truly sorry for the poor experience you have encountered in the room and for the dissatisfaction you had with our location. We regret that we have left you with a less than memorable experience and we offer our sincerest apologies for we have failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations.

Akta Patel