The Staff get 5 stars. In the end the average score comes from the property itself. I read the other reviews and was surprised to see comments about new carpets and of anything being updated. I can only assume that some of the rooms have been updated. My husband was there on business for 2 weeks in early October, 2011 and I came in for 5 days to "vacation". We stayed on the third floor - two bedroom suite. It was not an updated room, but sorely needed it. Our furniture was old and worn, with the kind of dark spots all over the fabric that it was imbedded with age, not something the staff could clean any longer. Our window leaked during the storm and soaked the carpet, which needed major cleaning anyway. Our fireplace only turned on 1/2 the time, and the couple of "art" pieces in the room were 80's art deco and cheap looking - not pleasant to look at at all. I could hear water drips in the wall if I left the sink on in the bathroom for more than 10 seconds. The hall ways are too dark and the carpet needs updating throughout. Yes, they have a "work out" room, and it was clean, but it is small and nothing to look at with older equipment - I saw more than one person go in and come right back out. I'm sure the elevator is in great working order, however it is outdated looking and kind of small, that it's not a comfortable ride. OK, that all said - They have the best staff than about anywhere else I've ever stayed! I think if you ask for one of their updated rooms on the first floor which is lighter, you'd be very happy with your stay. I was so happy with the staff that I responded to a survey they sent me (I usually do not bother with those). From the Desk staff to the Kitchen staff, Housekeeping, the pool guy (I guess he was the maintenance guy - but I only saw him at the pool each day). They were all very friendly and accommodating. They have a great full buffet style breakfast - hard to find in a 3 star hotel. Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Potatoes, Waffle Maker, More than one coffee to choose from, Salsa, Oatmeal, Biscuits and Gravy, a variety of breads. Anyway, I spoke with several of the staff while I was there and they all smiled and seemed genuinely happy to help me. In either coming or going or by hanging out by the pool myself - I always saw the pool guy keeping up with the pool area. I even saw him moving umbrellas around to keep the shade available in the heat of the day. I didn't need room cleaning each day, but I would find Housekeeping and switch out towels. They were smiling and even reminded me to bring them my trash and handed me new trash bags, simply very friendly - you don't see that often enough. I told the Marriott folks that Staff like that deserve a quality hotel to work in and be proud of. If they update the entire hotel - they could really have a place so many more would want to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square offers an ideal location in the heart of downtown San Antonio, just off I-35. This great location is within minutes of top destinations including Market Square, the Riverwalk, the Alamodome, and the AT&T Center. Business travelers will appreciate the quick commute to the offices of AT&T, Toyota, Boeing, and HEB Grocery, as well as business-friendly amenities such as free proprety-wide WiFi, a 24-hour business center, and over 1,400 sq. Ft. Of flexible meeting and event space. Our suites are 50% larger than standard hotel rooms, and are highlighted by HD TVs, plush bedding, and the fully-equipped kitchens with refrigerator, microwave, and stove top. Start your day off with the complimentary breakfast buffet, and unwind in the evenings at the weekday evening social hour. Guests will love to maintain their active lifestyle with a workout in the fitness center or a game of basketball on the SportCourt, or they can spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun by the outdoor pool. With thoughtful amenities and prime location in the heart of downtown, Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square is the perfect choice for extended stay trips or weekend getaways to San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Residence Inn
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square Texas