Very nice place to stay that is close to the river walk, the alamo and other downtown shopping attractions - within walking distance. The staff is very friendly, helpful and just plain nice. Great Texas hospitality and the breakfast (daily) and manager's social (Mon-Weds) are very well done. Best selection of drinks I've seen at a Residence Inn social, the breakfast is fresh cooked and has standard selection of pastries, toast, yogurt, and fruit. The restaurants in San Antonio are 5 star but if you are looking to save some money, the manager's social will fill you up at no cost. Every afternoon they had hot cookies and milk out for a snack. The "business center" is a desk with computer and printer in the dining area. There are two buildings with rooms - I was in the Plaza building. Reminded me of military housing I've lived in - out-dated, old, but maintained and functioning. My refrigerator had no ice maker, the dishwasher didn't do a very good job, the kitchen sink was missing caulking, etc. That said, the room was very clean, the bedding and furniture looked new and were in excellent condition. Bathroom was similar to kitchen with functional shower and toilet but both had seen better days. The fan in the bathroom comes on with the light and was noisy to the point of being distracting. This place will be a gem when the renovation is completed - I'd like to come back for a stay after that occurs. This hotel is centrally located - you can get to most anywhere in the region within a short 15 minute drive. Easy drive to/from airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square offers an ideal location in the heart of downtown San Antonio, just off I-35. This great location is within minutes of top destinations including Market Square, the Riverwalk, the Alamodome, and the AT&T Center. Business travelers will appreciate the quick commute to the offices of AT&T, Toyota, Boeing, and HEB Grocery, as well as business-friendly amenities such as free proprety-wide WiFi, a 24-hour business center, and over 1,400 sq. Ft. Of flexible meeting and event space. Our suites are 50% larger than standard hotel rooms, and are highlighted by HD TVs, plush bedding, and the fully-equipped kitchens with refrigerator, microwave, and stove top. Start your day off with the complimentary breakfast buffet, and unwind in the evenings at the weekday evening social hour. Guests will love to maintain their active lifestyle with a workout in the fitness center or a game of basketball on the SportCourt, or they can spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun by the outdoor pool. With thoughtful amenities and prime location in the heart of downtown, Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square is the perfect choice for extended stay trips or weekend getaways to San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Residence Inn
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square Texas