“Little playground for kids was great!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square

Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #83 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Montgomery, AL
“Little playground for kids was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Getting there was a little tricky since the Courtyard parking lot connected to it was locked. We had a connecting room with our family and our room had a wall unit a/c unit which was subpar. They have a little playground which was very nice for my 3 year old to get out some pent up energy from the long car ride. Check out was a pain since the girl at the counter was too busy chatting on the phone to bother helping us check out. So after a few minutes we got sick of waiting with no acknowledgment of us being there and left the room keys. Other than that it was fine and is in a wonderful location for many activities.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are delighted your children enjoyed the playground out back by our BBQ pit! I am very sorry about your check out experience - we will address this with the front desk clerk working that day and make sure it does not happen again. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the Alamo City in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I travel a lot and use Marriott hotels as our choice of stay. (We are platinum members) This past week, my sister and I escorted my elderly mother and disabled aunt to San Antonio. We stayed at the Residence Inn/ Market Square. This hotel is a hidden gem! The staff were not only cordial, but went above and beyond in seeing to our needs. We unexpectedly needed an electric scooter--they went out of their way to locate a company close by which had one waiting for us before we arrived. The front desk delivered it to our room. We initially had difficulty operating it--the front desk personally visited the room to assist us, including Ron, the manager. The hotel offered breakfast daily and evening food three days. If there was an item on the bar that was requested, they did their best to supply it. Free coffee and freshly baked cookies were available in the lobby. Jose helped my elderly aunt who has sight difficulties by writing the channels very large on paper for her. Jerry, the front desk clerk, was "Johnny on the spot" with any request that came his way (and we had several!), determined to accommodate his guests. Every worker from housekeeping to management was pleasant and overtly accommodating. I can honestly say that it was the best Marriott experience I've had.

1 Thank favre406
We are delighted to hear this was your best stay ever! I am so happy to hear the staff made your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the coffee, cookies and social hour. We hope to see you back soon!
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a 1 bedroom suite reserved for 2 adults and 2 children. When we checked in, the hideabed was not made. I have never, in my life, had to make a bed that was reserved. There were no pillows for the hideabed, so I called the front desk to request some. The answer I received was that they didn't have any.

Did I mention that the room was reserved for 4 people? The room was stocked (and restocked) with 3 towels and 3 wash rags. That math seems a little off to me. Also, the towel I used on the first day had black streaks on it, fresh off the rack.

Also, on the night we checked in, we found little black curly hairs behind the bathroom door.

The bed was HORRIBLE. Had I not been 2 weeks out from major surgery, I would have preferred to sleep on the floor. I have never been on a bed so rock hard before.

All and all, I was not impressed with the service we received or the cleanliness of the hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We are sorry we didnt meet your expectations. We will review our operations procedures to better meet your needs next time. Come back and see us soon!
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for 6 nights and the bed linen was not changed. Housekeeping was not done on one day.
I had to notify the front desk who gave some supplies and remove the garbage from the kitchen. On the last day of stay the kitchen sink broke. It was late evening and there was no plumber to fix ii. Not acceptable for a high end hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We deeply apologize for the housekeeping issues that you experienced and affected the quality of your stay. Based on your input, we are going to re-evaluate our green program that includes water conservation. We hope we can show you a better stay in the future!
Prince George, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for 27 days and the staff is amazing. The general manager and assistant manager lead the way with superior customer service skills and the staff follow the way. Hotel is always clean. Hats off to Jerry on front desk and the lady that comes in after him. They provide dinner free 3 nights a week---Gracie does the food and makes us feel at home, remembers our names, and remembers what we prefer to drink. This the secret lit the place hidden by trees. J. W. Marriott would be proud of you all. Housekeeping was superior on second floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel so enthusiastically! We appreciate you recognizing our customer service - especially, our front desk team. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality hour and getting to know Gracie. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again next time you are in the Alamo City.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed at many Residence Inn's in the past, This one BY FAR is the best!! Fresh and clean, everything looks new! Very close to the downtown area, not too cramped as you would expect a downtown hotel to be. FREE PARKING!! The staff is beyond amazing, they truly went above and beyond for me. Social was a full meal, full BBQ dinner the night I was there. Rates were what you would expect for a downtown hotel but you get what you pay for at this hotel!

Room Tip: This hotel has 2 buildings, I perfer the building attatched to the lobby.
Green Features: Actively using a recycling program, WAY TO GO!! I saw recycle cans in the lobby and a recycling dumpster out back. "Far away from rooms but I like to walk"
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We are so happy to hear you think we are the best! That makes our day. We appreciate your kind words about our property being newly renovated, fresh, clean and that you enjoyed our amenities such as free parking. We hope we can welcome you back again in the future!
Constantine, Algeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

As a former Marriott associated I have not enough words to express my gratitude to all the staff at this hotel, the way me and my family were treated exceeded our expectations making more memorable our stay, in particular I'd like to recognize the front desk crew and general manager, definitely I recommend this hotel, the location is just perfect and the service is well above expectations, thanks.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate you recognizing the hard work and dedication of our staff. We will definitely pass on your kind words. We hope to welcome you back again soon!