“What a breakfast!”

Ranked #82 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
The Woodlands, Texas
“What a breakfast!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this Residence Inn about 16 months ago. It wasn't memorable then but was recently renovated - new cabinets, floor, carpet, bathroom, etc. Unfortunately the mattress wasn't replaced; maybe next time. I only spent one night but the next morning breakfast was a must. They have one of the most comprehensive breakfast spreads that I've seen. Eggs, sausage, bacon, bagels, muffins, cereals (hot and cold), lots of fruit, and waffles! Whew! There's lots of other healthy stuff. Great place for families with children.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Residence_Inn_Hotel, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank-you for your business!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel and after two bad stays at Hilton brands, we were scared to see what was behind the door. I can honestly say it was one of the most pleasant stays we have had in a while. We started off a little rough with our key not working to get into the building, but after a quick switch we were set. We opened the door to find what felt more like a studio apt than hotel. The room was very well decorated and modern touches throughout. Most importantly it was CLEAN and FRESH! Great sleep, good breakfast, and free parking...I will definitely be back!

1 Thank Linda S
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are so happy to hear we were able to give you a positive hotel experience and stay! I am sorry about the key issues, but glad it was quickly resolved. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First, the pros:
-Free parking
-Free internet
-Large modern rooms
-Kitchen in room
-Free hot breakfast
-Free dinner/drinks on select weeknights
-Attentive staff
Cons:
-A pinch too far from the Riverwalk Restaurants to walk.
With that said I am staying here 3 more times on business because obviously the pros outweigh the cons. I am a runner and the hotel is a couple of blocks from a Riverwalk entrance that is really pretty to run on. However, walking to dinner took about 30 mins and it was just too hot in June for that. Really though this is just a minor drawback. To stay closer to the action you lose the space, amenities, and free parking. I would highly recommend and it is one of my favorite hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff is really nice and accommodating also!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review this hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our free parking, wireless internet, fully equipped modern rooms and hot breakfast buffet. We apologize you didnt find our location the most convenient - there are several options nearby that you should try out next time including the downtown trolley and b-cycle bike rental system! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Getting there was a little tricky since the Courtyard parking lot connected to it was locked. We had a connecting room with our family and our room had a wall unit a/c unit which was subpar. They have a little playground which was very nice for my 3 year old to get out some pent up energy from the long car ride. Check out was a pain since the girl at the counter was too busy chatting on the phone to bother helping us check out. So after a few minutes we got sick of waiting with no acknowledgment of us being there and left the room keys. Other than that it was fine and is in a wonderful location for many activities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We are delighted your children enjoyed the playground out back by our BBQ pit! I am very sorry about your check out experience - we will address this with the front desk clerk working that day and make sure it does not happen again. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the Alamo City in the future.
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I travel a lot and use Marriott hotels as our choice of stay. (We are platinum members) This past week, my sister and I escorted my elderly mother and disabled aunt to San Antonio. We stayed at the Residence Inn/ Market Square. This hotel is a hidden gem! The staff were not only cordial, but went above and beyond in seeing to our needs. We unexpectedly needed an electric scooter--they went out of their way to locate a company close by which had one waiting for us before we arrived. The front desk delivered it to our room. We initially had difficulty operating it--the front desk personally visited the room to assist us, including Ron, the manager. The hotel offered breakfast daily and evening food three days. If there was an item on the bar that was requested, they did their best to supply it. Free coffee and freshly baked cookies were available in the lobby. Jose helped my elderly aunt who has sight difficulties by writing the channels very large on paper for her. Jerry, the front desk clerk, was "Johnny on the spot" with any request that came his way (and we had several!), determined to accommodate his guests. Every worker from housekeeping to management was pleasant and overtly accommodating. I can honestly say that it was the best Marriott experience I've had.

1 Thank favre406
We are delighted to hear this was your best stay ever! I am so happy to hear the staff made your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the coffee, cookies and social hour. We hope to see you back soon!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a 1 bedroom suite reserved for 2 adults and 2 children. When we checked in, the hideabed was not made. I have never, in my life, had to make a bed that was reserved. There were no pillows for the hideabed, so I called the front desk to request some. The answer I received was that they didn't have any.

Did I mention that the room was reserved for 4 people? The room was stocked (and restocked) with 3 towels and 3 wash rags. That math seems a little off to me. Also, the towel I used on the first day had black streaks on it, fresh off the rack.

Also, on the night we checked in, we found little black curly hairs behind the bathroom door.

The bed was HORRIBLE. Had I not been 2 weeks out from major surgery, I would have preferred to sleep on the floor. I have never been on a bed so rock hard before.

All and all, I was not impressed with the service we received or the cleanliness of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We are sorry we didnt meet your expectations. We will review our operations procedures to better meet your needs next time. Come back and see us soon!
New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for 6 nights and the bed linen was not changed. Housekeeping was not done on one day.
I had to notify the front desk who gave some supplies and remove the garbage from the kitchen. On the last day of stay the kitchen sink broke. It was late evening and there was no plumber to fix ii. Not acceptable for a high end hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Residence_Inn_Hotel, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We deeply apologize for the housekeeping issues that you experienced and affected the quality of your stay. Based on your input, we are going to re-evaluate our green program that includes water conservation. We hope we can show you a better stay in the future!