I really wanted to like this hotel. The property, though not right on the Riverwalk, is an incredibly short drive away. All in all, very convenient. We had a two-bedroom unit (which is actually an adjoining smaller single bed unit and one with a full kitchenette and another living area).
From day 1, the staff was very courteous. The breakfast was great, and kept well stocked (hot oatmeal, TX-shaped waffles, eggs & sausage, and more).
Problems we had were the following. 1) We called ahead to verify two things. We needed a crib. They said they had "a crib". It turned out to just be a pack and play, which we already had in the car anyway. And it wasn't in the room upon arrival, though we were told it was when I checked in moments earlier. 2) They had no truly non-smoking rooms available for online booking (the Residence Inn website). When calling to verify the crib, we asked - and were informed that since the whole hotel was non-smoking, rooms couldn't be booked as non-smoking. Tell that to the guest in room 222 who insisted on lighting up in his bathroom 4 times (every morning and night we were there) and turning on the vent - flushing it into our room. Although the front desk was asked to correct this issue _4_ times, they did nothing, though they said "someone will be sent right over to check it out and resolve it". Finally, though it's a nit-picky thing, the garbage men came at 5:00 AM on a Monday. Not a great wake up call when travelling with kids.
Given the price that we paid, until this hotel has a non-smoking policy and actually enforces it, I will go somewhere else when visiting San Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square offers an ideal location in the heart of downtown San Antonio, just off I-35. This great location is within minutes of top destinations including Market Square, the Riverwalk, the Alamodome, and the AT&T Center. Business travelers will appreciate the quick commute to the offices of AT&T, Toyota, Boeing, and HEB Grocery, as well as business-friendly amenities such as free proprety-wide WiFi, a 24-hour business center, and over 1,400 sq. Ft. Of flexible meeting and event space. Our suites are 50% larger than standard hotel rooms, and are highlighted by HD TVs, plush bedding, and the fully-equipped kitchens with refrigerator, microwave, and stove top. Start your day off with the complimentary breakfast buffet, and unwind in the evenings at the weekday evening social hour. Guests will love to maintain their active lifestyle with a workout in the fitness center or a game of basketball on the SportCourt, or they can spend a relaxing afternoon in the sun by the outdoor pool. With thoughtful amenities and prime location in the heart of downtown, Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square is the perfect choice for extended stay trips or weekend getaways to San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown / Market Square Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Residence Inn
- Residence Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square Texas