“restaurant breakfast buffet”

Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #98 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“restaurant breakfast buffet”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The selection of items was very good, but all were lukewarm, at best ( except the omelets which were being made to order)...biscuits were hard as rocks and cold, gravy cold, pastries lukewarm, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns all cold....etc,etc..... pretty disappointing for $15+...would not recommend

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. In follow up with my team, I understand we experienced a blown electrical curcuit for a brief period the day you ate in our restaurant, which affected the warming trays. I apologize your breaakfast experince was impacted negatively as a result. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Over all the hotel is clean and great for the price we paid. Nice pool on the roof overlook the city. Room is okay. Bathroom is small but clean and nice. For the price and location, we would definitely come back to this hotel again

• Stayed May 2014
Brenda N,
Thank you for sharing your favorable imrpessions on our clean hotel and that you enjoyed the pool area and fetures. We will be renovting our guetrooms this summer, so we would love to have you experience those very soon.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This place is beautiful and the staff is amazing! Our jeep broke down and everyone from vallet parking to the supervisor Genaro Rocha helped us! They really made us feel safe and welcomed. Thank you to everyone who made this visit to San Antonio awesome! Thank Miriam and Domingo for also going out of your way to help my daughter not feel the stress from the jeep breaking down. Cleanliness is also a important factor. I would highly recommended this hotel to my family and friends.
Carmen Vasquez

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cvasquez12345
Thank you for letting me know that Mirian and Domingo, along with the rest of our team were amazing in servicing you. I truly appreciate your taking the time to share this. It sounds like you are a raving fan of ours.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This is the old Crown Plaza....and it's old! They fooled us by the lobby that has all the modern updates as a Wyndham but the rooms are old! We were in the executive suite. It smelled stale, the bed was hard, all old fixtures. ..extremely old. Did i say it was old? Nice pillows and we had the wyndham toiletries. I was definitely fooled into thinking this was an actual Wyndham and on the Riverwalk. They are in the process of remodeling. The Rivewalk is five blocks away. Not ideal if you were expecting this to be on the Riverwalk. Staff is friendly. My only complaint about the staff is when I went to get a map from guest services we were there way too long as she started talking to us about a timeshare. If I wanted to talk about a time share, I would ask. I understand it's your job but please take a hint when when we clearly have a look like we aren't interested and we were starving! Ill stay again once it's updated and if I have no intention of enjoying the Riverwalk.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Liz C,
Thank you for sharing your personal comments with us. I want you to know our guestrooms are being renovated this summer, so they will be fresh and new very soon. Our hotel is most certainly located and is directly connected to the riverwalk. Many of our guests prefer a leisurely stroll from our more tranquil location to the hustle and bustle. I want to assure you your comments regarding our concierge were followed up on.for corrective action..

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Goodwater, Alabama
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I don't know how long the name has been changed but I was a little disappointed. Saw a few roaches, toilets noisy when flushed, breakfast bar a little expensive. Employees courteous and friendly. Location pretty good.

Room Tip: Several in our tour group had to change rooms because door cards hard to operate or either didn'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Lightkeeper40,
Thanks for your comments regarding a recent visit. I was sorry to hear you were disappointed in the breakfast value and services. We regularly treat our hotel areas proactively, unfortuantley the recent rains did bring a brief influx of beetles. Additionally, we will continue to seek ways to add incremental value to our guest experience
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Friendly, helpful staff, especially valet, Daniel. He is amazing! Best part of our trip!
Rooms are basic and outdated. Coldest "hot tub" ever. No free wifi? Really? Beds were very squeaky which really surprised us and actually ended up being a joke!

• Stayed May 2014
Thanks for your comments on your recent visit with us. I was delighted to hear the staff was friendly and rooms clean. Our rooms are getting renovated this summer. I was sorry to hear the hot tub was not warm enough for you, but I do know of a guest situation that required we drain it last weekend. Unfortunately, it does have to be heated back up. I apolgize that you were unfavorably impacted. I wnat to let you know that If you sign up for Wyndham Rewards, your internet will be free on your next visit.