“25th Anniversary”

Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #99 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
San Antonio
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I woke up early and went down to get coffee so I would not wake up my family seen that there was coffee and cups on the counter so I got a cup the waiter came up and said you know the coffee is not free and neither is refills it cost $2.00 dollars and so does the refills and you need to pay here the cashier will be here soon .I will wait here until she comes for you too pay for it . I said okay I am a guest here in room 1519 can I charge it to my room no he said you can not y extremely rude. so later that morning I called the front desk and check out a day early because of this person and the way he treated me and I did report it when I check out of what happen

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Verna W.,
Thank you for making me aware of your experience in attempting to purchase a cup of coffee. I would like to apologize for our inability to create a positive experience for you. If you would be kind enough to take the time to share with me more details of the individual to counsel, I would welcome your doing so. I can be reached via email at Kevin.Latone@sawyn.com or 210-362-6430.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I read a number of these reviews before my wife and I checked in, and I was a little concerned. Here's the good and bad and the improving:
The Good
- Excellent location. It's not the closest to the restaurants on Riverwalk, but it is on the Riverwalk and the restaurants are all of beautiful 6 minute walk along the river.
- Staff friendliness. No issues here. Everyone was great.
- Room size. We had a king size bed. Room was of a good size. A little dated, but we liked it.
- Price. Competitive
- WiFi. I had no problems with the speed. I travel a lot. WiFi speed was comparable. It was free with my wife's conference, otherwise it's not. In which case it would be on the bad list. I don't like paying for WiFi.
The Bad
- Housecleaning. I think they're struggling with suitable staffing. We had a used coffee cup placed for reuse next to the coffee maker. (Ick!) The next morning, where we had left a coffee cup in the bathroom with a "coffee circle" was not cleaned. In general, the bathroom was just not clean.
- Parking. We had a conference discount for parking. Otherwise you're looking at $30/night in a parking garage that's not attached. Good luck finding information on the parking rate on their web page. Hidden fees like that are not acceptable in my opinion.
The Improving
- The are working on renovations, and have some displays in the lobby on their plans. The hotel is dated, and it is time for renovations, and they're working on them as they should.

1 Thank Kathy S
Kathy S.,
I appreciate your taking the time to write such an in depth assessment of your stay with us. I can tell you genuinely care about your comments being perceived as value to future guests and me. And they are. I was glad to hear your experience was positive. I apologize for the housekeeping attention to detail that was missing. I am a relatively new GM, and it was recently brought to my attention our website did not have parking information listed. That will be soon corrected. We would welcome your return to renovated guestrooms later this summer.
San Antonio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Check-in went fine...self park v valet at $4 difference is outrageous. More importantly, the room was not sufficiently cleaned, and when we asked for more towels, the lady was rude and then they did not give us any additional hand towels. Overall, I was very disappointed in the customer service at this property and expect more from a Wyndham hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. While you felt our parking fees were outragious, I want you to know they are one of the lowest amoung the downtown hotels. I apologize for not cleaning your room sufficiently. I would apprecaite hearing more on this. Feel free to email me directly at kevin.latone@sawyn.com.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Beautiful riverwalk with much to do just by walking along a lovely walkway. Our server at the Wyndham Rene Ochoa was awesome. Highly likable fellow with great tips and a great personality. Wish we could live closer he'd be my buddy for sure!!

Redgardenreader,
I was glad to read you enjoyed our location, and made friends with Rene our server who assisted you with plans. He is a crowd favorite!