“Great service and staff”

Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #92 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
“Great service and staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was very pleased with our recent stay. The rooms are quite small and not as clean as other hotels I've stayed at but the staff made up for it completely. The bartender Amanda was very friendly and attentive. The bell and vallet boys were all very curtious and helpful. I was most pleased with our service during breakfast. Rene Ochoa our server was great! Great over all experience. We will return.

• Stayed June 2014
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your glowing comments on our team and for mentioning both Amanda and Rene specifically. I will be delighted to share with them both how they made your visit to our hotel special.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Good quiet location by Riverwalk. What worked? Staff helpfulness (especially Rene Ochoa in restaurant), pool, workout room. Temperature in room stayed consistent once set- this is HUGE plus if you're not used to Texas weather! What didn't work? No restaurants nearby so hotel restaurant needs more variety and a la carte options. Older decor remodeling from top down, not done yet, ask for higher floor. They HAVE TO power wash the parking garage building! Very sooty, and dominates entire view on that side of building.

• Stayed June 2014
Elindberg993,
Thank you for posting your recent comments from your visit with us. Your high marks on our service team is appreciated. I was glad the A/C was a delighter for you. I will take a look at the parking garage concern you expressed. We are changing out our menus in the coming weeks and will take your thoughts in mind to menu content. We have begun our room renovation and would be excited to welcome you back later this summer.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our stay was booked as part of a package deal and I had read the reviews so I was not expecting perfection but was still disappointed with the exception of their staff which was great. We had issues with our key cards in our room and accessing the parking garage. The elevators in the parking garage were not working properly - the staff gave us a tip to help with it but we found the stairs were a better option. We did not have coffee pods for our room and when asked for some were advised they were out - not a huge deal and the staff was very friendly and allowed us to get a cup of coffee in the restaurant. Overall the rooms and property are dated and in need of upgrades.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Tracye,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service of our staff during your recent visit. I also want to let you know our guestrooms are currently going through a renovation and the floors will be completed by fall. I apologize for our shortcomings, we are making strides to improve our consistency.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed for two nights wanted to leave the first day. Room had a dirty smell to it. The front desk tried to sell us a two hour tour of a new development for $50.00. Internet $10.00 daily parking $28.00 daily. Pool is nice looking but not children friendly. The gym is great everybody is friendly but they do expect tips. Nice lobby but the décor changes as soon as you step out of the elevator. I truly wouldn't stay there again even if it was free.....

Room Tip: Ask if there are floors that have been updated.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cfbm0101
cfbm0101,
I was sorry to hear you had an unfavorable impression of our hotel during your recent visit. I can assure you we would have been happy to freshen up your room for you or assign you to another room to satisfy you. We are renovating our guestrooms, so perhaps that would change your room impressions. I don't understand your comment regarding the $50 fee for service. I would like to hear more details if you would be willing to write me at Kevin.Latone@sawyn.com
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I got a deal through Travelzoo, so for the price, it wasn't bad, but had I paid rack rate I would have been upset. I made the assumption that the Riverwalk location was going to be better than it was. It is on the Riverwalk, but it's a good 10 minute walk to the main hustle and bustle. The were a lot of people hanging out and smoking on the route. The location is on the seedier side of town one block from the Greyhound station. It was only about 5 blocks from the Alamo and we were comfortable walking there. The hotel was recently acquired by Wyndham and they have great plans to renovate it (displays in lobby). The room was decent, although the bathroom showed some wear with cracked tiles and mildewed caulk. The toilet would not flush completely unless you held the handle down the entire flush. There were no luggage racks to put your suitcases on and there was only one trash can which was by the desk and none in the bathroom. Our room wasn't made up until after 2 pm. Valet parking was outrageous at $28 a night. Self park was $23 and in the garage catty corner to the hotel. When we checked in the staff at the concierge desk encouraged us to come by so they could give us discount coupons which was more of a ruse to try to convince us to spend 90 minutes in a sales presentation to get a free or discounted stay at one of their resorts. There is an outdoor pool and spa, but both were loaded with kids and was not enticing at all. TIP: Be sure you have a Wyndham Reward account which gets you free in room wifi. Would I stay there again - I don't think so.

Room Tip: In-room wifi is free with Wyndham Rewards account. Ask for a room with a view. Ours looked out onto...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
realst8ace,
Thank you for your constructive comments. Sorry to hear you did not prefer our location, many of our guests actually do. I apologize you had a challenge with the toilet. In the future, I welcome you to contact us when in the hotel, so we can correct these type of issues. We can also service your room at whatever time you would require, again simply let us know. Our valet parking prices are among the lowest in the downtown area, and we also have street parking and other alternatives nearby. I appreciate your acknowledging our renovation, which will be completed later in the year.