“will not stay again”

Ranked #90 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“will not stay again”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

we had a good time but there was a lot of disappointments 1. had 4 ppl in the room and would not put 4 towels had to go get more. 2. rooms key keep going bad 3. scanners in parking garage would not scan. 4. 24.00 per day to park in the HOTEL parking lot is ridiculous. no immunity but for 25.00 a night fee 5. house keeping sucked would not place cups, and glasses . you are on the river walk but you have to walk half a mile to get to the main restaurants. AND THE HOMELESS PPL ARE VERY BAD. they were everywhere DONT GO AT NIGHT

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Vick T.,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit.
I apologize our services were not to our usual standards during your visit.
I will certainly share your comments with my housekeeping team as a training opportunity.
I am hopeful that you shared our shortcomings when you were visiting with us, and that we did make a recovery with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just had a very nice stay at the Wyndham. It is not in the best part of the riverwalk but the staff made it worth the walk. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have ever seen with a omelet chef, fresh berries, fruit and a very attentive staff. By the third day they knew our drink orders and welcomed us by name. The room was remodeled and very clean but they are still remodeling some of the floors so try to get a higher floor. Parking was across the street but there is a tunnel right from the elevator. The front dest staff were also great and got to know us and always greeted us every time we came and went. Great value for a good hotel with a great breakfast and super staff. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GM-KevinLatone, General Manager at Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Alex F.,
Thank you for sharing your recent and positive comments on your guest experience with Wyndham. I was glad to hear of your favorable perceptions of our staff and the breakfast buffet offerings.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed there for a function that was in the conference room. Although we got a block price, still not worth it. Started with key challenges in the parking garage which was actually across the street. You had to walk down a long hallway to get to the elevators and up to the lobby.

Didn't clean the room for the first 4 days we were there. Had to call down for towels every day. Mold growing in the tub. No amenities - had to pay for WIFI - no refrigerator (I'm diabetic so I needed it for my insulin) - no free breakfast. The breakfast buffet was $20 each day including tip so that added to the cost of the stay. We had dinner one night only there. I ordered a chicken Cesar salad with balsamic dressing on the side. I got a salad with some au jus sauce (French dip) and not chicken. My friend ordered the special (Fajitas) and was given some plain meat with beans and rice with no veggies or anything else. It took some time to get it correct but we were both starving so we were not that happy.

The concierge kept telling us the wrong way to get to the River walk. He didn't mention that we had to cross over the "river" to get there.

They were supposed to come in to the conference room every day at 8:00 am before the public came in at 10:00 am to clean, take out trash and vacuum. If they did show up, it was later than that with the vacuum running during the event. One time, a cleaning lady or maid came in with a huge purse around her shoulder collecting some cups and drinking glasses. I was afraid she was going to steal something off one of the sales tables. During the function, the roof leaked in the conference room which is actually under the parking garage. Some items were damaged but the worst part was that it increased the humidity so much in the room, all our items were actually damp when packing them up.

We paid a lot to stay there for 5 nights hoping to have a fun and an uneventful relaxing event. It was very disappointing. If it hadn't been for the River walk and the Alamo, and the fact that we had made a commitment to the event, we would have left after the first night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Karen K.,
Thank you for your comments from your recent visit. We use the feedback from guests as an opportunity to improve each day. I apologize for the the service concerns you expressed. I would like to research your observations in more detail. I would welcome you to contact me via email at Kevin.Latone@sawyn.com so I can better understand, and provide resolution.
Mount Vernon, Washington, USA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall our stay at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel was great. We did not get the same service with the night staff that we did with the daytime staff. A couple of times we contacted the night staff and they were not helpful. The first night we lost money in the vending machine and was told to go down to the lobby to get a refund. They kept us waiting for at least 15 minutes so we left without the refund. The 3rd night we ordered room service and had to wait for 2 hours for a sandwich. The daytime staff were accommodating and friendly. They readily gave us information about where to go and places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Just an fyi, we were on the executive level floor and the rooms do not have a refrigerator or microw...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kimberly T.,
Thank you for sharing your recent comments from your visit with us. I appreciate your kind words regarding our day staff. I apologize for the delay in getting your sandwich, and wait for change.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I will never stay at another wyndham again. I arrived and no valet parking, ok its a weekend and they are busy, no big deal. So I get checked in and headed to take my car to the parking garage only to find out that my card does not work and I can not get in the way the front desk told me too. So I finally get in and back to tye front desk and they rekey my card for the garage. Ok, make it to my room, bed is made but still trash in the trash cans. I use the bathroom only to find out that tye toilet is broken and I have to remove lid to get it to flush. To tired to deal with it thus evening. 5am rolls around and head to the bathroom again to find tye door was shut and I had to get my car key to get it to open all the while about to pee down my leg. From the looks of the door I am not the only one to have this problem. Attye dront desk I ask for a manager, I tell him if my problems he apologies and says that they will get on it right away. I leave for the day apon my return I can once again not get into the garage! I make it back to the desk again they rekey my card. I maje to my room to discover that nothing has been repaired! Next morning I again speak with the same manager. He calls someone and we go up together I pount out a few things and leave again for the day. Again upon my return I am unable to get in the garage, kind of a theme here. They give me all new cards this time. Now I can not get into my room!!! So as of today 8/5 I am still here and unhappy with this crappy hotel. But the toilet has been fixed still waiting in the door. To sum it up, the service is ok, the building is in need of repairs, oh and they seem to work at night here so dont plan on sleeping if they are jack hammering a floor or two above you! I will not ever recommend thus hotel to anyone and urge you not to stay here, I checked prices and there are SEVERAL hotels on the riverwalk for the same price some a little cheaper that have better parking prices and from the pictures much nicer rooms! I am also not just someone complaining I have not asked for anything for my trouble. Nore have I been offered any thing/reason to return! If you are by chance hotel staff and you have questions I was in 525 on 8/4 just to verify.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TJ R
TJ Rainwater,
I certainly understand your frustration regarding your experience. I truly appreciate your taking the time to share it with me, I only wish I could have been a part of the solution to resolving when you were still a guest of our hotel. I will send you a private message.
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After reading the reviews on this hotel I was skeptical but decided to give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised. Stayed for two nights on the 21st floor newly renovated room was very nice and clean. The air conditioning could have worked better the room was comfortable but it never got really cold! Nice pool but the hot tub was full of kids that were not in there with parental supervision. In the past most hotels post a sign that no one under 16 be in the hot tub without adult supervision. I think the kids thought it was there own baby pool!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and nicer rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I was happy to hear you enjoyed the newly renovated guestrooms. I apologize for all the kids in the whirlpool affecting your experience.