We were extremely concerned after reading several negative reviews on Priceline and TripAdvisor about this hotel but to our surprise we had a very very good experience here. Although the outside looked a little dirty and dated, the inside had a much more contemporary feel. The lobby, bar, and restaurant were very clean and the staff at the check-in desk were nice and friendly. We were not required to pay valet parking or self parking fees like many hotels who make this a requirement for staying with them. We were able to find a parking lot 2 blocks away that only charged $6 per day. From top to bottom the hotel was really clean and the rooms were very nice and well kept. Room accommodations and amenities were sufficient with a very comfortable bed, lots of pillows, and a nice sized HD flat screen TV with many options for entertainment. The AC could have worked a little better as we kept it on 65 degrees but the room temp usually hovered around 75 degrees. Of course, this was in the middle of a hot Texas summer, so guess that can be expected. We never experienced any of the problems some of the negative reviewers mentioned such as being able to hear everything from neighboring rooms, bad smells, dirty rooms, or unfriendly staff. This location is definitely on the Riverwalk but you do have about a 5-8 minute walk along the river to get to the more popular restaurants and shops. As far as location we still rate this very high because almost all the downtown attractions and entertainment venues were within a few blocks and no farther than a 15-20 minute walk. As with all downtown metropolitan tourist areas there were several homeless loitering along Pecan Street and other streets in the area but most of them were friendly as well and took a "no" very well and moved on. All in all, our expectations were definitely exceeded and we had an very very good experience here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk ***Centrally located on the historic Riverwalk*** Enjoy all the excitement, charm and culture of San Antonio while at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk hotel, a AAA 4-diamond hotel. Enjoy all the amenities of a full service hotels with the convenience of being near AT&T, Frost Bank, Toyota, Boeing, General Electric and USAA. The hotel is within walking distance of the Alamo, Hemisfair Park and Tower, El Mercado Marketplace, the San Antonio Convention Center and the RiverCenter Mall. We are a short drive to Fiesta Texas, the Six Flags Amusement Park, Sea World, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the San Antonio Missions and the San Marcos Outlet Center. In addition the hotel is conveniently located to Brooks Army Base, Kelly Air Force Base, Randolph, Lackland and Ft. Sam Houston bases. This 410-room hotel features 37,000 square feet of meeting space, with a grand ballroom and exhibit hall. All rooms are wired with high-speed Internet access with WiFi (wireless) access in the public areas. We feature valet and self parking for all guests and meeting attendees. The hotel features a roof top pool, sauna, whirlpool and a complimentary full fitness center. We are a 'pet friendly' hotel; please go to hotel features for additional information and fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Crowne Plaza
- Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk Texas