Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East
Ranked #310 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Webster
“worst hotel ever”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Rm 1 frig didn't cool/needed to be defrosted/door wouldn't close. Remote didn't work,smoke detector was missing, sheets didn't feel clean/ smelled/#2 wasn't vacuumed/ dead roach/spread was torn/no iron,coffee pot,kleenex
both bath rooms have mole. When I told the lady in front she gave me some
roach tablets and asked me if I wanted to vacuum. Second day no towels.
The milk was left on the counter for breakfast with no choice of muffins and the waffle mix was to watery to make waffles. Glad there was a restaurant next door.
That hotel needs to closed down because of the mole and new management
put in place when it's cleaned.Also check other rooms for smoke detectors. They need to use fitted sheets and replace the bedspreads and the sheets that are stained.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luisa C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The walls were dirty, the draws were broken, the fridge had mold, the lock was broken, the sink clogged, and the beds were dirty. Horrible motel room. The worst place I have ever stayed. I changed hotels the next day. The management didn't seem to care. Would not recommend. Stay away from here if you want your money's worth.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nat C

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was disappointed with this hotel vs. other ABVI's we've stayed at. The key to our room had to be reset every single day because they didn't get our reservation correct (we stayed 5 nights and they had us for one apparently) No tissues in the room, no stopper for the bathtub, drawer broken on the dresser, crappy microwave with knob missing and an old bulky television. This hotel needs to be updated badly. We won't stay at this one again for sure. Very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We selected this Motel online due to price/location. I don't know what to write due to everything that you would rate or expect was terrible. The room was dirty feeling and it's appearance was as well. The only reason we did not leave and find another place was time constraint of plans that were made months in advance. Service was terrible from staff, the appliances were dirty. Opened the microwave and it looked as if it had never been cleaned, old food splattered everywhere. There were not enough towels for one person. The couch/pull out bed in the room had never been cleaned and was riddled with old rappers, creamer, and someone's personal belongings. The only thing that appeared to be clean were the bed sheets, had they been in any other condition we would have left regardless. Lights in the room were missing their knobs. The AC has never been cleaned. The TV was very old and reception and picture were terrible. Our overall experience with the motel was a bad one. I would never recommend this place to anyone and hope this review keeps you away as well.

Room Tip: Price is not always the best selection for your motel/hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steven B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The place looks clean outside and good night lighting,parking right outside your door.Truck parking only for a few semi thats it..Oh man the Breakfast sucked..Sour milk and cold coffee..Then the waffle maker was broke the management like just left you with nothing and didn't care..The honey buns were changing color..So don't expect any breakfast...The room old tv and remote didn't work....The ice machine in the office area actually had a bad odor you couldn't miss it because it was next to exit door..Then across from the ice machine was a broke down washing machine..The mattress in the room was flat no padding I've had a better mattress at a cheaper hotel..I paid $58.00 including taxes I will not go back to this place again maybe wait 2 years...Go down the street and check another hotel theres more close by is my advise....If your a trucker no discount no real parking...Check the room first before paying for a night.

Room Tip: Just check the room out first and look at the breakfast area and ask whats for breakfast and is ever...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Matthew S
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

we were stopping by san antonio whilst on our american road trip, we really struggled to find a really highly rated hotel/motel that wasn't already booked up. after a long search we gave the super 8 a go - stayed at other super 8's but this doesn't mean anything as they are all franchises so quality can vary.
the room was big and clean, wifi was a good speed, and breakfast was included. a/c worked fine - alittle noisy but still had a good sleep, car park seamed to have plenty of space, showers were okay and there was a pizza hut a short walk away ! i should also mention that you can wash your clothes for 75cents !

not as cheap as you would think - 60-70 dollars per night. the rooms were tired with carpets that had bald spots and stains, light fittings that made horrible noises as they cooled down - we actually thought there was an electrical short as it was exactly the same noise, breakfasts were really bad - litterally there was just waffles, no buns/bagels, no fruit, no yoghurts, very little cereal, orange and apple juice were weak as hell on all 4 days.

overall it was the best of a bad bunch, if i was to return i would book a nice motel in advance, but as a last second booking it was okay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at $49 a nite. Good location, front desk people were great so helpful with everything. Cute little swimming pool. Great breakfast. The decor needs to be updated, the hallways are dark and a little spooky. Our room had a funk to it at first but after leaving the window open for a few hours it was gone. If you are used to the radisson dont stay here otherwise you will be happy.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela4492
Travellers also viewed these San Antonio hotels
East Side
Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10
Super 8 - San Antonio at I-10
#243 of 356 in San Antonio
Americas Best Value Inn-AT&T Cen...
#227 of 356 in San Antonio
East Side
Studio 6 San Antonio - East
Studio 6 San Antonio - East
#245 of 356 in San Antonio
Americas Best Value Inn - Medica...
#193 of 356 in San Antonio

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - San Antonio Downtown I-10 East? Share your experiences!