Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown Northeast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Alamo Inn Motel(San Antonio)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesinstant oatmealfort sam houstonc unitfront deskcontinental breakfastwould stay againlight sleeperwi fibed was comfortableclean roomseasy accesscurtainsfridgepillowschannelsdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Not a stay. We left. Don't trust the guy. Hundreds of dollars worth of stuff gone and our key mysteriously gets deactivated while we are gone?? And the clerk says "oh my bad" hmmm my bad? Why do you say that if you didn't go in the room?? He wasn't going to refund anything until we took a stand and then wasn't going to charge anything. Tried charging us anyway! Credit card company put a stop on the payment. Room poorly "renovated" with bad patch jobs. Cold water wasn't cold it was Luke warm. Toilet wasn't sufficiently cleaned either upon arrival. Do not stay here! It's a very shady establishment

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Guest_719
Reviewed 19 March 2012

we reserved this room as a last minute option - cost was outrageous - we paid $159 - the room isn't worth spending $29.99! We arrived around 10 pm; I had to use an outside window for check in - I've never stayed at a hotel/motel where the lobby wasn't open. The beds were full size beds not queen size - they were hard as a rock - would have been better off sleeping on the floor. There were people (not guests)walking around outside. The train was really loud. Won't ever stay there again. Choice Hotel chains should be assamed to have this motel represent their company.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank linda m
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I see reviews of people paying 48 dollars a night and thats the type of hotel this is. However through "vacations made easy" i received this hotel for about 170 a night after" VME" failed to secure our mini vacation at two other hotels. The neighborhood is ghetto the hotel is ghetto. As soon as i opened the door i noticed the room stunk. I set on the bed and found a piece of a broken glass crack pipe. Yes a freaking crack pipe, and no Im not mistaken Im employed with a drug task force in west Texas. So this is the environment i get for my wife and 5 year old child for 170 dollars a night.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank narc_315
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Ok.... this is NOT a 4 star hotel but for $48.00 a night, we did not expect it to be. We stayed 3 nights and spent very little time at the hotel. The curtains and bed spread were mismatched, but the room was clean overall. The bed was surprisingly comfy. The bathroom was very small but there was large vanity area outside of it. The microwave and fridge were handy since we had lots of leftovers. The location was great since we traveled around the city from Lackland to New Braunfels. Very easy access to I-35. Would stay again if I just needed a place to crash at night.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I needed an economical room with easy access to downtown convention center. My first impression of this hotel was negative. Pulling into the parking lot, the building seemed to say "cheap, cheap, cheap" and the area behind the property seemed somewhat seedy. Not having any other options at the moment, I decided to go ahead and stay one night here and if it was too awful, I would find another place the next day, To my pleasant surprise, the room was clean and well-appointed for a "budget" hotel (microfridge, hair dryer, in-room safe etc). There were no problem accessing the WiFi service and the bathroom was clean and large (I think this was a handicapped room). The only real negatives were the highway noise and the breakfast. The hotel is situated right on the highway and the traffic sound is ever present. I used my MP3 player earbuds as earplugs to help. The breakfast fare needs improvement. Aside from the one do-it-yourself waffle maker, there were only a few muffins and some fruit on the counter, The coffee was dark hot water, I opted for the McDonalds across the highway.
I was impressed with the ease in which I could get around, I could be down at the convention center in 10 minutes, even in the rush hour.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business