Don't know where to start....On a cross country drive and we were really looking forward to our stay at hotel indigo. Have stayed at a hotel indigo before and had a great experience. In general, this hotel had the look and feel of the hotel indigo chain, but lacked in the customer service and restaurant areas which are typically strengths of indigo.
- aesthetics were great - everything inside was really nice
- great bath products - Aveda
- close to the riverwalk
- close to riverwalk, but neighborhood isn't very nice. Building across the street was vacant and boarded up.
- parking was a little pricey and across the street. Looked more expensive than the lot next door.
- stayed 2 nights and didn't need our sheets changed, etc, but simply needed coupes towels, trash taken out, and more shampoo. We had to ask 3 times over a 5 hour period before they did it.
- Bar - went to bar to order a drink. The bar was pretty empty and bartender was having a social conversation with a guy there. Had to interrupt the conversation to order. Overall, server was indifferent.
- restaurant: clearly labeled that they are open for service at 6:30 am Monday-Friday. At 6:45 am, husband went out to order food so we could eat while packing up and the person there said they wouldn't be ready until 7 (for reference, traveling with a baby and had 8 hours of driving ahead of us, so time is valuable). Went back to order food around 7:30 when we were almost done packing up. Waited at the counter for a couple minutes and no one was there. One chef walked by, asked if I needed anything, he then sent another chef out to take my order (eggs, bacon, toast, and potatoes, and an order of oatmeal) to go. After ordering a family came to eat. There was still no one in sight who worked there. Told the dad there was a menu on the counter and they sat down. After about 3 minutes, an employee went to the register and I told her I thought the family needed to be helped (because no one was around and she didn't look and register there were people there...). Continued to wait for over 20 minutes for my food. While waiting had to ask to pay so we could leave quickly. Dropped baby off at room after a while, returned to wait, after a minute or so, asked if our food was ready and was told it was, she just needed to get it. Finally got the food and was in two small containers - the eggs a mess and was given no bacon, as ordered and paid. Oatmeal was in a super small container and leaking. To be honest, at this point, I was clearly frustrated. Took the food back and tried to get refunded. Had checked out during the extremely long waiting period to expedite the process, so they couldn't refund me, so left the food quite ticked off. In short - restaurant a mess and overpriced. A waste of time.
Prior to this experience, I loved hotel indigo. This stay soured me on the hotel chain and I will unlikely stay at any hotel indigo again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites
- Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk Texas