A group of us have been going to San Antonio once every June for the past 5 years. This year we stayed at the Hotel Indigo on N. St. Mary's (on the Riverwalk). We had a friend with two broken feet (don't think you can have more than that - which is a blessing) so we were using a walker and a wheelchair for her.
The rooms were clean, bright and cheery.
The morning staff seems to have their stuff really well together. However, and I hate it that there is an "however", we had requested that all of our rooms be together. Two were, then as other members of our group began to arrive, after 3p.m. rooms were not ready and people were being asked to wait, etc. Not ready! after 3p.m.! Which means we were dispersed around the hotel.
Staff was friendly.
Here's the rub -- remember, I said we had a person using a wheelchair -- the elevator did not go down to the riverwalk (it was broken) and when we asked how to get to the nearest wheelchair access area they were off by 180 degrees. That was a very warm - 93 degree - mistake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites
- Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk Texas