“Excellent service and staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #115 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent service and staff”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

On our first trip to San Antonio for New Year's Eve, we decided to stay at the Fairfield. I'm a Marriott frequent visitor and the Fairfield was a nice stay. The staff was very attentive and the hotel has been recently remodeled and looks great.

On New Year's Day, with a lot of tired and sleepy guest, they extended their breakfast service and kept us all happy.

I'd highly recommend this location if you head off to San Antonio.

Room Tip: The King suite is great for a couple and a child. Separate sleeping area, two TVs and the right amou...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JimH_Tarheel
Joe G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
We love our guests! On behalf of all of us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, thank you for your kind comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get some nice breakfast on New Year's Day. Until you'e back in San Antonio, we wish you happy travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked this hotel for a two-day vacation with the family. Upon arrival, there was a problem with our room (not the hotel's fault), and we received the best service from their front desk I've ever received. It's within walking distance (about 10 min) of Market Square, and only about 15 minutes from the Riverwalk. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joshua S
Andrew C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in San Antonio. We look forward to your next stay
Somerville, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I booked 43 rooms for a group school function and I couldn't be more pleased with how everything was handled. From my sales rep to the front desk personnel everyone was very professional, kind and accommodating. Niya and David handled the check-in procedure professionally and as a team. The stay was great, nice clean rooms, great breakfast and friendly staff. We will definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises. THANKS Fairfield Inn for the outstanding staff and customer service that made our trip a pleasure!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank soniao17
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here during my recent visit to San Antonio, to attend Best Western Convention. Very nice place to stay, good location, good staff, courteous GM

Every morning excellent breakfast is served in lobby

I would strongly recommend

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Ravi B
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here two nights in Oct 2013. I was greeted by Niya at the front desk at check in. She was very professional, friendly and offered tips for the area and cold water. ( it was about 92 hot degrees). I was upgraded to a nice suite with refrigerator. This hotel is a little bit of a walk to the River walk and other areas of interest. I had the complimentary buffet breakfast one morning it was decent. San Antonio is a great city and I enjoyed walking the city and happy hour at Ruth's Chris and a decent meal at Mi Tierra ( nearby and recommended by Niya). I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank FXTIP
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Ok, so you must be thinking Fairfield Inn, how good could it be? At least that is what I was thinking. Since my initial visit last year, I and my group have returned many, many times for weekends in San Antonio and are overwhelmed with the staff. They smile, love their jobs and the guests, are willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay better, have clean rooms, a good breakfast buffet, are within walking distance to Market Square and the Riverwalk, and are just 1/4 mile from the entrance to I-10 and highway 35. The rates are very reasonable and this hotel remains the best kept secret in San Antonio!

Room Tip: Second floor is quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank MCohen2013
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at the location and while we were satisfied on our first visit, the property has been completely renovated since then. The rooms are fresh and stylish, the corridors are well lit and have fresh carpet and wall coverings, and the staff is very friendly and helpful ( cudos to Niya, the night host, who really made us feel welcomed when checking in at 10:30 p.m. After a 6 hour drive) and the gentleman who takes care of guests in the breakfast area who refilled my large coffee when I had my hands full with b'fasts for the family sleeping in.

The room was a king suite with a pull out double and with also feature 2 large flat screen TVs, mini fridge, microwave, free wifi that actually worked properly with speed, and enough plugs to handle all our computer recharging needs. You can spend 3 times as much on rooms in the downtown area, but this property is well located withing walking or trolley distance from the Alamo, Riverwalk, Mercado, Southtown, etc.

I'm a picky critic and the older I get the more I voice my opinion, but I can truly say this is property is on par with the Courtyard or SpringHill Suites. I think we have found a home in San Antonio.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank texmarc
Andrew C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is a pleasure to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoy our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Alamo city!