“I don't like having crickets on the bed.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #110 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Once checking in I was given my room asignment, when I went to lay my jacket on the bed. There was a cricket on there. I went back to front desk and requested another room. They were able to accomodate. The next morning I was in the bathroom and there again, another cricket. I refuse to stay in a place that has bugs in the room. I checked out and was told that they were everywhere and they were sorry.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Gypsy916

Reviewed 28 April 2010

I stayed in this hotel for my husband's graduation from Air Force Basic Training. I absolutely loved this hotel. It was right off the highway and easy to get to. On top of that, it was really close to Riverwalk and The Alamo.
The staff here was so incredibly nice!! I was blown away by how genuinely helpful every employee at this hotel was, from the management all the way to housekeeping. They really went out of their way to provide great customer service. The room we stayed in was nice and clean with really comfortable beds. The free breakfast was delicious and they had Texas-shaped waffles!
There is nothing that I didn't like about this hotel. I will definitely stay there if I have to go back to San Antonio and I've already recommended it to other people!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2010

This was within walking distance to both market Square and the Riverwalk area. Staff was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast had something for everyone, and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, comfortable and well-kept. A bus line and downtown trolley were within a half block, making it very convenient. We are likely to return to San Antonio and will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2010

The hotel is very much on the budget side of hotels but the price I paid was not. With choices like the Holiday Inn Express across the street this hotel seems outdated. My room was small with warn carpet. The furniture and bathroom haven't been updated for a while. Its long overdue for an update. The bedding was nice and clean and the bed is comfortable. Although parking is free the hotel is not close to the Alamo and parking is expensive there. The breakfast is typical but a nice touch. My biggest complaint about this hotel is the noise in the halls especially early in the morning. You will hear every door slam, so if your a light sleeper I recommend another hotel other wise if you get a good price its ok. I can't imagine why people rated this hotel excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We arrived on Thanksgiving afternoon and were cheerfully greeted by the young man (Justin) at the front desk who to our pleasant suprise told us we had a room upgrade. During our 4 day stay he went above and beyond to make our stay even more enjoyable. The other staff we encountered was equally friendly and helpful- housekeeping, the young ladies at the front desk, and the lady who makes the waffles. Our king suite was spacious enough for two adults and a 3-year old and was cleaned to perfection by housekeeping. We appreciated the refrigerator and microwave to store and heat up our leftovers. The location is not on the riverwalk, but is within walking distance to Market Square. There is also a streetcar stop nearby for an easy trip to the riverwalk. Parking is free. Our only complaint was that the indoor pool was not warm enough. Great service, great location, great price.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2009

My husband and I booked this hotel thru the Seaworld vacation package plan. It was the cheaper out of most of the hotels. I was a little leary, but decided on giving them a try. I am glad I did because it was a great hotel for the money! The hotel was clean, the room was clean, the hotel staff was very friendly, and their breakfast buffet was great too! The hotel was centrally located and a short bus ride to downtown, maybe 3 blocks only for $1.10 bus fare! We didn't have to worry about drivng downtown and paying for parking! It was also easy to leave the hotel and go to Sea World and any other place we wanted to visit during our stay also. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we go back to San Antonio!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Pros: Hotel was very nice. Free parking. Clean rooms, plenty of space, Pool. Breakfast was included and very good- waffles made to order, boiled eggs, muffins, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, microwavable breakfast sandwiches. 1 block from trolly/bus stop.
Cons: Breakfast area was always very crowded- often too crowded to sit. This hotel is not on riverwalk- it's about 5 or 6 blocks to Riverwalk and Alamo. 2 blocks to market square.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple