We arrived here last September for a three night stay. A very big clean room with everything we needed including a welcome fan!! The hotel provided a great breakfast with a 24 hour coffee machine. A member of staff showed me how to make my first waffle – in the shape of Texas!! There was a safe in reception and a free newspaper.
San Antonio was walkable although after the first visit we took the Trolley bus into town. It ran from 9am until 9pm for only $1.20 ($5 for a day pass) and the stop was only a five minutes’ walk from the hotel. We didn’t use our car all the time we stayed here. A pizza place was the only food outlet quite nearby but it was good and handy. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi were good. The only downside was the “hit and miss” maid service and the fact that the laundry was only open between 6 and 10 in the evening. The use of a laundry was important to us as we were touring for four weeks. We were usually out during these hours.
The staff was friendly but we really have to make a special mention about Vanessa. She went well above and beyond to give us excellent service. She knew that our next stop was the Best Western at Port Aransas and was concerned about Hurricane Ingrid. She actually telephoned ahead to check on what was happening around Port Aransas. When we left she provided us with water and biscuits for our long journey. This was the friendliest member of staff we met throughout our four week tour of Colorado and Texas. Thanks Vanessa!!
We enjoyed our time in San Antonio. Highlights were the Alamo, Tower of The Americas (good deal here on multiple entry tickets) and the Riverwalk.
We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel offers king beds in all rooms whether 1, 2, or even 3! Less than a mile to downtown attractions, shopping, and restaurants. Five blocks to Market Square. One mile to Riverwalk, Alamo, Alamo Dome, Convention Center, LaVillita, Institute of TX Cultures, and Tower of America. Free high-speed Internet access, fitness room, and indoor pool on property. 100 Percent non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Alamo Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Alamo Hotel San Antonio
- Best Western San Antonio
- Comfort Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Comfort Suites
- Best Western Alamo Suites San Antonio, Texas