I stayed here in early Aug for 4 nights while traveling for work. I was given the first room on the right on the first floor. It may have been designed for accessibility because there was a whirlpool tub/shower that opened up right to the living room. It's a room that would only work if you're comfortable with everyone in the room seeing you get in and out of the shower. Perhaps they gave me this room because I was by myself? Or maybe it was considered an upgrade room because it had the whirlpool tub? I doubt the other rooms are like that.
Good: Good value compared to other hotels in the area (~$70 night with AAA discount). Check-in was efficient and friendly. Room was clean and mostly updated. Breakfast was a bit on the small side but had most everything I like (scrambled eggs, yogurt, sausage). The hotel is close to the airport. There are many, many stores in the area. Bedding was clean with 5 different types of pillows to choose from. My room had a mini-refrigerator and microwave.
Bad: While the room is generally updated, there's some deferred maintenance. Carpets are a little more worn/dirty than an average Comfort Suites. There was a ventilation cover in the bathroom that was rusted. The toilet tank lid had been broken and glued back together. The air conditioner is a little bit louder than normal as it cycles on and off (which it does frequently in summer in San Antonio). While the TV in the room itself was nice, it takes forever to move between channels and I never did find a movie channel if there was one. The shower had a fan over the top, but had no overhead lights, so I showered in semi-darkness each day. Breakfast opened at 6:30am...would really have liked it to start at 6am. Only 1 of the 3 pieces of equipment in the "exercise facility" was functional (fortunately it was the one I use - the treadmill). Also in the exercise room, there was no TV and the water cooler bottle had obviously been refilled with tap water. It's on the 2nd floor, so I was worried I was waking people up as a ran on the treadmill. The elliptical was probably in a dangerous state...someone needs to go in with some tools and tighten it together. The universal weight machine had no bars or attachments present and was unusable. I couldn't control the temperature in the exercise room.
Overall: A good choice if you want to save a little money, but you can see where the lower price is forcing maintenance tradeoffs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all suite property offers the amenities you are looking for including a free hot breakfast with rotating menu, free airport transportation (via yellow cab), outdoor pool & spa, free high speed internet, and service that you will remember with a smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Choice Hotels so you can book your Comfort Suites Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Airport North Hotel San Antonio
- Comfort Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Airport North San Antonio, Texas