“Great location that keeps you out of traffic.”

Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market
Ranked #61 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Puyallup, Washington
“Great location that keeps you out of traffic.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Only two minutes away from the Quarry Market with plenty of shops and restaurants. The room was clean and quite as was the rest of the property. The room was so quite that we didn't even hear the unfortunate officer involved shooting one floor down. The staff handled everything without missing a beat. The front counter snacks are a great idea and come in handy for that late night craving. If I had to grab onto to one thing that dampened our stay it would be the lackluster Wi-Fi that we encountered. I ran several speed test with an average download rate of 2.44 Mbps and uploads at 1.05 Mbps according to my Ookla app. I mentioned it to the front desk but since I-Pads don't have slots for Air Cards nothing could be done. Not a big deal if your not counting on there Wi-Fi but if you are.......

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Garyw62,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with us. We appreciate the wonderful feedback regarding our staff, location and amenities. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered during this unfortunate situation.

We realize that you have many choices when selecting a hotel and we would like to thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Warmest Regards,

Chris Arango

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife had a jewel show in town so she went for three days and I came the last night. I went to our 50th high school reunion in San Antonio. Believe me it comes too soon. Had a great time. Room was large, clean room split with couch with large screen TV, nice size bathroom. Good location near airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Bobsterson,

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to give us your comments on Trip Advisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team. Our goal is to provide authentic purposeful service to our guests and when I read comments like yours this tells me we are.

Again thank for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market hotel “real” soon!

Warmest regards,

Chris M. Arango
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed here twice and both times have been impressed. The rooms are clean and neat and the staff is friendly. We had a double queen bed room with a pull out sofa which was plenty of room. The location is very close to the Quarry Market which the hotel offers free shuttle service to. The Quarry offers numerous places to shop, dine and relax as well movie theatre. I would recommend this hotel because it a great value for the price and great location!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear AprilRtravels,

Regards,

Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This was my first time to stay at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport and I was pleasantly surprised. First of all, the location is phenomenal. There is good parking, it's easy to find from the street, and it's basically 10 minutes to get anywhere from this hotel. The room is a suite and comfortable. Obviously, this is not a luxury hotel -- it's more of a family/business hotel -- but the room is spacious and clean, the staff is nice, a continental breakfast is included every day, and there is a pool and small workout room. I have stayed on the Riverwalk at more luxurious hotels which were nice, however not only are they more expensive, parking is an additional $20-30/day. At the Hyatt Place parking is free and the location is great. This is going to be my go-to hotel in San Antonio from now on. [Note to management: I would definitely work on updating your internet speed - it's too slow and freezes occasionally. Also, the hotel would be even better if the air conditioning wasn't as noisy.] Other than those things, I really like this hotel a lot and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear SleeplessinNY,

I would like to offer my apologies for the issue you encountered with our internet feedback like yours has definitely helped us to improve the quality of internet provided by the hotel. On your next visit I am confident you will see the difference.

Kindest Regards

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My teenage son and I stayed one night at the Hyatt Place while visiting San Antonio. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the areas we intended to visit and to the airport. The hotel is right across the highway from the Quarry Market and not terribly far from downtown/Riverwalk. It would not be the most convenient location for Seaworld or Fiesta Texas. I have read some complaints about car break-ins at hotels in this area. We did not have any problems with that. Also, our room was at the front of the hotel facing Hwy 281, but I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was.

The hotel lobby is in good shape, but is very small. It has a small bar and a breakfast area. I went down to check out the breakfast, and it was about as expected for an included hotel breakfast - small buffet with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits/gravy and cereals/fruit/bagels/muffins. There is not much seating so people were sitting in pretty much any chair available in the lobby to eat.

The room layout was very good with a separate sitting area (fold-out sofa), desk and "bar" with refrigerator. The bed area is separated from the sitting area by a small wall, with the TV in between so that it can be seen from either the beds or sitting area. The commode/shower is separated from the lavatory, which is helpful when traveling with family. The only problem with the arrangement is the lavatory is at the foot of the beds, so it is not possible to turn on the lavatory lights without disturbing anyone who might still be asleep.

The room was in good condition and clean. My only complaint is the sofa was a bit worn out and uncomfortable.

Complaints:
- The hallway had an odd smell and the carpet was stained.
- Icemakers are only available on the 3rd and 5th floor.
- We could not connect to the hotel WiFi in our room. I called the front desk and they said I could come down and get a USB modem to connect to the Clear network. This worked fine, but is not so convenient to have to go back down to the desk after we had already settled in.
- Check-in was very slow. It seems they were having problems with room cleaning running behind. I believe they may have also been trying to check in a big group because the whole process seemed to be in chaos. We arrived at 2:45 and were told our room wasn't ready yet (not a complaint, since check-in time is at 3:00). We left and came back around 4:30, and we had to wait for more than a few minutes as they were having some issues with one guest's reservation. The lady at the desk (I think her name was Valerie) was very professional and was very apologetic about the delay and offered a free beverage at the bar when it opened. Her colleagues were not as knowledgable or attentive.
- At check-out, the man could not figure out how to print my receipt, so I asked him to just email it to me. He said he would, but never did.

We did not use the pool or workout room. The pool was a typical small hotel pool adjacent to the parking lot.

We have stayed in 3 different hotels in this area over the last few years, and this one is about in line with others in terms of overall value (condition and price).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear SteveDallas_TX

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to provide us your comments on TripAdvisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team. I would also like to thank you for the additionals comments where we have an opportunity to grow.

We realize that when selecting a hotel there are many choices and on behalf of the staff here at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport we would like to thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place hotel “real” soon!

Warmest regards,

Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had such high hopes for this hotel. I've driven past it dozens of times during day trips to San Antonio (especially when shopping at the Quarry Market, which is down the street), and it looked so nice. Upon my arrival, the front sliding glass door appeared to be out of order. There was a large crowd in the small lobby, and a harried but polite staff member was at the front desk/pastry counter. It wasn't entirely clear (no sign) where the check-in desk was. Apparently, the person checking guests in is also responsible for selling cupcakes and coffee, which I thought was weird. After getting checked in, I got my bags and headed for the room. There was a large, yellow, industrial fan blowing the carpet in the hallway. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get into my room. The green light flashed, but the door wouldn't open. I tried again several times with no luck. By this time, I was getting flustered with an armload of luggage and a stubborn door. I went back to the front desk, and the man who checked me in accompanied me to my room. Apparently, you have to lift the lever-style door handle "up" and not "down." Who knew? I've never had to do that before. Come to find out, my friend's room did not have this same quirk, so my handle was actually faulty.

The room layout was nice--no complaints. A sofa area with a swivel TV to watch from the sofa or from the bed. The bed was comfortable with good pillows. Furniture was modern and nice. The shower, on the other hand, was a bit crazy. It was a shower only--no tub, which was fine with me....but there was a glass partition instead of a curtain, making it impossible to turn on the shower without getting into it! It had to be turned on while standing under it, which was quite shocking and cold! A very bad design.

All in all, it was not a bad place to stay. However, on the weekend we were there, it was very crowded--probably to capacity--and the lobby, breakfast area, hallways, and elevators were inadequate to handle the number of people staying there. For instance, it was difficult to steer the luggage cart around the furniture--not enough clearance. It all seemed a bit crazy and unsettling--loud people in the hallways, long waits for the elevator, and crowded! It's like the Hyatt tried to squeeze too many rooms into too small a space. I might consider staying here again, but not on a holiday week or summer weekend!

Dear Katmcw85,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology for the shortcoming experienced and truly appreciate the feedback.

The Hyatt Place is a very unique brand that set us apart from other more traditional hotels from our modern design to the culture the brand brings to the table. Just as you mentioned in your comments the person that checks you in can also serve you a drink or make you a bite to eat. They can even shuttle you to some to a local attraction nearby. The idea behind this is to have your own personal host from start to end providing you with personalized service. Although our brand has many unique features I can definitely relate to how one can miss some of the more traditional features even something as simple as a shower curtain. .

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

sycamore,il
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel is very well run by the staff. the staff is very helpful and pleasant, the rooms were clean and have everything that my family of 4 needed. The free breakfast was always enough and well maintain to get us started for the day. my wife needed to use the laundry room and the dryer stopped working and the maintenance dept was quick to fix the problem. plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area within 5 mins. if travelling with family or business this place will serve you well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jetsetSycamore
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Jetsetsycamore,

I wish to extend a sincere thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the compliments and I am proud of our team for meeting your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with them and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon!

Kindest Regards,