“Convenient, clean and friendly staff”

Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market
Ranked #82 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
La Grange Park
“Convenient, clean and friendly staff”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The location of this hotel was convenient for our needs. The staff was very friendly every time we interacted with them at the desk. It was my first place staying in a Hyatt place and I really enjoyed the convenience. I like the 24 hour grab-n-go food at the desk (sandwiches at 2am, yes!). When I asked for pillows, it was really late and I had to go down to the desk which wasn't a problem as they were ready right away (just call earlier in the night, it was like midnight when I called). Breakfast was decent although I didn't feel well and only ate cereal, it looked like they had a nice selection of items. Staff was friendly going in and out of the hotel. Took the shuttle to the Quarry Market to get some lunch, quick service to get both dropped off and picked up -- very nice service!
The bed was really comfy and I really like their comforters. My ONLY complaint was the stupid shower. It didn't even have a real door, kind of just a half glass wall - made for a very chilly shower. I can only attribute it to a lack of space?? Not all the rooms are like this because we had a 2nd room that had a regular tub/shower combo with a curtain.

Room Tip: Try and ask for one with a tub/shower combo as opposed to only shower.
Green Features: Good with towels and bed linens exchange policies -- notices were posted all over the room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Amilia,

I wish to extend a sincere thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the compliments and I am proud of our team for meeting your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with them and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon!

Kindest Regards,

Chris Arango

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Houston
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We chose this hotel for its convenient location. When we returned around 10 pm, the only available parking was at the bottom of the hill and was very dark. When we awoke on Sat a.m., the window behind the driver was smashed in and apparently we were not the only ones. The manager and staff were kind enough to vacuum out the car and provide us with a claim number. When we called, they said, "Didn't you see the sign-- not responsible for vehicles"? Our monetary loss was minor but the sentimental loss was great and the hassle factor was high. Would not recommend this hotel.
Other issues: no bathtub, latte machine not working although promoted all over the place with no indication of when it would be fixed. Couldn't find any silverware for breakfast so had to use a serving spoon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Gail S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology for the shortcoming experienced and truly appreciate the feedback

Safety and guest satisfaction is a top priority here at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport and comments like yours help us to improve the level service we provide here at the hotel. Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Upon arrival we were informed by hotel staff that they had no room for us due to circumstances beyond their control and that we had to go to another property. I argued that we had paid for our room days in advance and that I was not in good enough condition to continue driving that evening due to a severe eye infection that had me under medication since the night before. I even called the hotel general manager to no avail, they simply would not reconsider even though guests were checking in at the time we were having that discussion. I also had to be very assertive in claiming to the Hyatt staff our complimentary breakfast which was part of the original reservation. Had I not insisted with the assistant manager I would have not received that benefit at the other hotel. I was very upset with the staff at the Hyatt that would not reconsider our need even after I explained to them my medical condition. To me that was a very unfair manner to handle my reservation and totally unprofessional in my mind. The following individuals were involved: Assistant General Manager and General Manager. I seldom, if ever, have raised such a complaint but in this case I felt compelled to express my total frustration and disatisfaction with this hotel staff who showed the minimum concern and respect for my well being and to honor our commercial contract, which I had paid in full days prior to our arrival.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Jorge M,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not you left with a negative impression of us.

Guest satisfaction is a top priority here at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market.
We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and I’d like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to show you the type of service and product we are proud to deliver.

Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to San Antonio so I may personally handle your arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Kindest Regards,

Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Only two minutes away from the Quarry Market with plenty of shops and restaurants. The room was clean and quite as was the rest of the property. The room was so quite that we didn't even hear the unfortunate officer involved shooting one floor down. The staff handled everything without missing a beat. The front counter snacks are a great idea and come in handy for that late night craving. If I had to grab onto to one thing that dampened our stay it would be the lackluster Wi-Fi that we encountered. I ran several speed test with an average download rate of 2.44 Mbps and uploads at 1.05 Mbps according to my Ookla app. I mentioned it to the front desk but since I-Pads don't have slots for Air Cards nothing could be done. Not a big deal if your not counting on there Wi-Fi but if you are.......

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Garyw62,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with us. We appreciate the wonderful feedback regarding our staff, location and amenities. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered during this unfortunate situation.

We realize that you have many choices when selecting a hotel and we would like to thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Warmest Regards,

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife had a jewel show in town so she went for three days and I came the last night. I went to our 50th high school reunion in San Antonio. Believe me it comes too soon. Had a great time. Room was large, clean room split with couch with large screen TV, nice size bathroom. Good location near airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Bobsterson,

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to give us your comments on Trip Advisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team. Our goal is to provide authentic purposeful service to our guests and when I read comments like yours this tells me we are.

Again thank for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market hotel “real” soon!

Warmest regards,

Chris M. Arango
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have stayed here twice and both times have been impressed. The rooms are clean and neat and the staff is friendly. We had a double queen bed room with a pull out sofa which was plenty of room. The location is very close to the Quarry Market which the hotel offers free shuttle service to. The Quarry offers numerous places to shop, dine and relax as well movie theatre. I would recommend this hotel because it a great value for the price and great location!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear AprilRtravels,

Regards,

Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This was my first time to stay at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport and I was pleasantly surprised. First of all, the location is phenomenal. There is good parking, it's easy to find from the street, and it's basically 10 minutes to get anywhere from this hotel. The room is a suite and comfortable. Obviously, this is not a luxury hotel -- it's more of a family/business hotel -- but the room is spacious and clean, the staff is nice, a continental breakfast is included every day, and there is a pool and small workout room. I have stayed on the Riverwalk at more luxurious hotels which were nice, however not only are they more expensive, parking is an additional $20-30/day. At the Hyatt Place parking is free and the location is great. This is going to be my go-to hotel in San Antonio from now on. [Note to management: I would definitely work on updating your internet speed - it's too slow and freezes occasionally. Also, the hotel would be even better if the air conditioning wasn't as noisy.] Other than those things, I really like this hotel a lot and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear SleeplessinNY,

I would like to offer my apologies for the issue you encountered with our internet feedback like yours has definitely helped us to improve the quality of internet provided by the hotel. On your next visit I am confident you will see the difference.

Kindest Regards