“Front desk screwed up.”

Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market
Ranked #56 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Beautifully updated former AmeriSuites. The hotel was really nicely done. Great complimentary breakfast, a small bar and 24-hour snacks made it very convenient. The front desk staff didn't quite have it together. Everything seemed unorganized. Probably 2 hours after we checked in, another guest opened our door. They had obviously assigned him the same room. Mistakes happened, but I had to go stand in line to get OUR keys reprogrammed. Review would definitely have been better if this had not happened. Convenient location, good place. Close to Quarry Market.

Room Tip: We were on the back of the hotel. Very Quiet. Not sure about the front (near Hwy. 281)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Ed E,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay and that you left with a negative impression of us.

Security and the safety of our guest is a top priority here at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market. Please know that what you encountered was an isolated event and not a normal occurrance here at Hyatt Place Quarry Market.

We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and I’d like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to show you the type of service and product we are proud to deliver. Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to San Antonio so I may personally handle your arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Sloppy operation for Hyatt. Stayed 3 times over 10 days & found new staff each stay. Advertise airport transfers, but our party & 2 others, waited 55 minutes after calling the hotel, & it's less than 10 minutes away. Rooms standard Hyatt Place offering, & housekeeping is top notch, but there are obvious operational problems. Breakfast service was haphazard & unacceptable each morning of our visit. Had a group in the hotel during 1 stay, & the property was so seriously understaffed & overwhelmed at breakfast that it was an embarrassment to Hyatt, & we felt sorry for the staff who were on duty. Most food offerings were empty & no coffee for long periods, & then either filled with coffee grounds, or improperly brewed & undrinkable, which resulted in dozens of 1/2 filled cups all over the lobby. Not a clean table anywhere in the lobby when we arrived at 9:00A. Management clearly failed to staff properly. The staff who were on duty were pleasant, courteous & apologetic, but that didn't make up for the inferior service levels.

Room Tip: INSIST on even-numbered rooms. Odd-numbered rooms face the freeway intersection, which is why the ho...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear SMVHOU,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience at Hyatt Place Quarry Market. I wish to express my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered with transportation as well as during breakfast. Let me assure you that what you experienced was the exception and definitely not the normal level of service we offer here at the HyattPlace. I can offer no excuse or explanation – only my apologies and invitation to return. Please contact me personally when your travels bring you back to San Antonio so I may handle the arrangements and ensure a flawless experience. I hope you will accept our apologies and give us a opportunity to give you a true Hyatt experience.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Good -

Check-in was great. Friendly staff

Room was super clean. Didn't find a spec of dust anywhere.

Good shower pressure and warm water - nice walk in shower too

Location - excellent if you need to stay close to the airport yet would like to go shopping or dining. Very close to the Quarry Market area which has plenty of both.

TV - Huge flat screen TV with HD channels that actually work. Been to a lot of Hyatt's here lately where the screen was fuzzy and the channel selection was weak.

Bad -

Tried to plug in my laptop somewhere near the bed. Found the the AC plugs are almost completely covered by the head board. Even the lamp cord was jammed into the small space. My recommendation is simple and cost effective - mount one of those 4-outlet things on the nightstand like a lot of Hyatt Regeny hotels have. It makes a HUGE difference to business travelers and other travelers alike to have plenty of AC outlet options near the bed.

The other annoyance is the air conditioning unit. Please tell me you have a plan to replace these monster AC/Heat units that are as loud as airplane engines. No wonder you included a new set of ear plugs on each night stand. I would have needed them had it been to cold or hot in the room. Thankfully I was visiting during a 70-degree period and didn't need to run the unit. But it was on when I checked in and it was extremely loud.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ravenboy,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered with your a/c unit during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not you left with a negative impression of us.

I would also thank you for your feedback regarding the outlets in your room, it is comments like these that give us the opportunity to help improve the level of service we provide our guest.Guest satisfaction is a top priority here at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market.

With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is my first stay at a Hyatt Place. I got through priceline and did not know what to expect. After 3 days at the RiverWalk I decided to switch down to the airport area to get some work done and be there for my morning flight. The cab here was about 20 bucks..(cheaper than to the airport at 30. and this hotel has a free shuttle). I got here 2.5 hours before check in and had to hang out in the lobby and they gave me a room as soon as one was available (before checkin time). The lobby has great tables and chairs and the wifi was strong. I was very comfortable while i waited and the staff was really nice.. and the coffee was good.

The room was great, it has a sectional couch that is very comfortable. I would have liked more obvious plug in by the couch, but plugs near the desk were super easy for my electronics. I liked how the couch was in its own section, if I were here meeting with people this would be appropriate. There is a fridge as well.

There were lots of families here and it seemed very family friendly. There is a 7-11 next door so I was able to easily get snacks. The front desk has snacks that are at a reasonable price for hotels this includes alcohol. There really is not a need to go somewhere for food.

The breakfast was fantastic. First real dishes.. They had lots of yogurt and fruit so I was able to stay on my diet. Additionally, they had breakfast sandwiches which were very good. Things were clean and orderly (and there was a volleyball tournament staying here too.. so I was impressed)..

I would definitely stay at a Hyatt place again.. it was comfortable and the staff was great. I am about to take the airport shuttle but I saw people take it all day long, and they seemed to be fine.

Two things I was not impressed with:
The tv is set to an one hour sleep timer. Annoying.. so I have to keep turning the tv on, and then it loses the channel etc..
The tv cannot be watched at the desk..
The shower leaked a bit on the bathroom floor, and the set up of the bathroom door to the shower, did not work great.

Not really a problem: there is a train on this side, did not bother me, but others it may (I am in room 203).. but there were ear plugs provided on both sides of the bed (which I did not use)..

I slept so well here after 4 days of conferences.. it was great.

Room Tip: I was in room 203 and it was on a side near a train. It was not a problem and they provided ear plug...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear ConferenceTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to express your positive feedback regarding Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport. To read compliments like yours is what I admire most about my position as General Manager. It gives me great pleasure to share your feedback with our team, corporate offices and ownership.

I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered due to the issues with your tv and shower. The hotel has corrected the issues you mentioned and again thank you for your comments.

Here at the HyattPlace San Antonio Airport we know you have many choices when selecting a hotel and we would like to thank for staying at the HyattPlace San Antonio Airport.

Sincerest Regards,

Chris M. Arango

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Hyatt Place offers many conveniences nearby: The Quarry Shopping mall is across 281, North Star Mall is not too far either. You have easy access to 281, which allows easy access to the airport and also downtown San Antonio. The hotel itself is very clean and their staff is very friendly! Management maintains a great group of people! My room was clean and upon arriving in San Antonio the temperature outside was a bit cold for SA, once I got into my room the temp was nice and warm!! Beds, linens and towels were all very clean and plentiful. The hotel offers a delicious breakfast: hot bagels with eggs/bacon or eggs with cheese, a fresh fruit selection that includes a huge bowl of fresh cut up grapefruits! They offer coffee, a great selection of teas, too and if course OJ and milk.
Another great thing about this hotel is that it's pet friendly! They have ample grassy areas for your furry babies and have a pet station w disposal baggies and trash. Their parking is well lit and I always found a close parking space.

Highly recommend this place! It really does feel like home away from home!!

• Stayed: December 2013
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear SanAntonioDayTripper,

Thank you for taking the time to express your positive feedback regarding Hyatt Place Quarry Market. It gives me great pleasure to share your feedback with our team, corporate offices and ownership. If I can ever be of any personal assistance to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally. We look forward to the privilege of serving you again soon and we thank you for your business.

Sincerest Regards,

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We spent the weekend here for the F1 race at Austin.
Hotel is small but conveniently located. Offer daily hot breakfast (very good), in-room complimentary WiFi (excellent), free parking. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Bed was very comfortable, room was quite and clean. So we got a good deal for our money.

Room Size and distribution is OK, but lacks for closet and drawer space, me and my wife stayed for 3 nights, and all our clothing did not fit in the drawers/closet.
Fitness Room is small (just 3 treadmills), but had no issues.
Shower space very small.

Everything was perfect until.....My wife spotted a small roach in the shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Toto_iteso,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I will definitely share your comments and feedback with the staff.

The Hyatt Place is a very unique brand that set us apart from other more traditional hotels from our 24 food service to our guest room amenities. Although our brand has many unique features our core feature has always been to offer a clean, comfortable home away from home.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards,