I am currently staying at this hotel and the only reason I am still here is because I pre-paid! The hotel over all is ok, but upon check in the gentleman that checked in before me was given really great service and was asked if he wanted a tour of the hotel and was also told what breakfast hours were. I however did not get the same welcome nor explained anything about breakfast or hotel. The best I got was "Good thing you brought blankets" I said why is that and the response was "Because we are out". Hmmm, should have been my first clue. The room, like I said, is ok other than the fact that the bathroom is SMALL! There is hardly room for you to get in without a battle with the door. The shower has a half glass pane and leaks all over the floor.
Now on to breakfast. It's sub par if that! Yesterday was our first experience and let me say it was crazy!! I am completely understanding that it is Spring Break, and it will be busy. This was awful. Not enough food, not enough staff to work it. Let it slide and then went down this morning. It was worse. Having to wait for food, not enough plates or bowls or anything else. I asked for a plastic spoon from the cafe and was told to wait and they would get me silverware. They never came back. Luckily my daughter had a plastic one. The sandwiches were cold in the center. The plates were all wet and the bowl I picked up was wet, with a long hair in it. They never offered to get me another. When the lady brought out sandwiches I told her I needed 4 and she just seemed annoyed. At 9:30 ON THE DOT they pulled everything! If they are behind, they should keep serving a little longer. Then as we were sitting there, while one of my kids couldn't even get cereal, one of the employees walks by with a nice French Toast breakfast and that was not even served today! I can keep going, but this sums it up for the most part.
Last..I came in the hotel yesterday and did not have a key. I went to the front desk and stood for over 5 min. Nobody came up. Phone kept ringing and ringing. I finally had to go to the General Manager's office where he and the front desk clerk were sitting in there laughing and having a great time, while customers waited.
I do not think I have ever had such an experience. Again, had I of not prepaid I would leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly remodeled, this modern hotel is 2.7 miles from the McNay Art Museum, and 3.6 miles from the San Antonio Zoo and Aquarium. Our polished rooms feature free WiFi, 42-inch flat-screen TVs and pull-out sofas. They also come with work areas and mini-fridges. Complimentary hot breakfast is available. Additional amenities include an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a 24/7 menu and market. There's also a business center, free parking and an airport shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market Texas