“Just perfect!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Monterrey, Mexico
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Everything was perfect. We traveled in group, so got three rooms by each other. The staff has the best of the services, besides the clean and big suites.

We did a request and were very glad to hear one member of the staff answer "my job is to make you happy". We were happy and satisfied!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear DiLoera,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport. It gives me great pride to read reviews like yours to the staff. We realize that you have many choices when selecting a hotel and we would like to thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Should you travels bring you back to San Antonio we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Kindest Regards

Chris Arango

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Currently staying here and looking for another hotel.
Cleanliness- the bedding on the sofa bed was not clean. The blanket on the bed was stained
Room- only half the buttons on the remote for the tv worked, the shower has no door, and therefore showers were cold, their were holes all over the blankets on the bed, the towel rack in the bathroom was rusted, and the room smells like wet towels. I advised the front desk as we were leaving for the day came back still smelly.
Free breakfast- the breakfast sandwich was the only thing that was ok to eat. Waffles were already made and cold, coffee was bad, fruit was bad. My kids didn't like anything luckily I made them pb&j sandwiches.
Location- I am not from here so I didn't know that it is not close to downtown. It is very noisy due to the freeway and airplanes flying by.
My take away is this if you are used to staying at a nice hyatt this hotel is not for you. This is at the same level as best western.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Armymom402
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Armymom 402,

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay and that you left with a negative impression of us.

Here at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport we strive to make each guest experience nothing less than exceptional. We do this by offering a clean room, state of the art amenities, and customer service that is second to none. That being said I want assure you the issues you encountered were an isolated incident and certainly not the norm here.

We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and I’d like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to show you the type of service and product we are proud to deliver. Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to San Antonio so I may personally handle your arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am from laredo here on business and was here 3days and Roberto during the day and Sylvia at night were very nice to me, called me by name each time i am here , very professional and nice to me. i recomend you stay here... awsome experience , and good service

Green Features: very friendly people, they call me by name, i feel at home
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Carlos Q.,

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team and I will be sure to recognize Robert and Sylvia for their personal involvement with enhancing your overall experience.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to ask. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market hotel “real” soon!

Warmest regards,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Hyatt Place chain of hotels are typically as nice as it gets, as far as my experience has been. This one was nice, the room was clean and quiet and well-stocked, etc. The breakfast wasn't the best that I've had. There was no Starbucks coffee, or any good, dark roast coffee. They listed Starbucks on the TV as an amenity, but the coffee was really not good, in my opinion. I know, what a horribly-shallow thing to even mention about a hotel, but, if you're going to list it, dang it, offer it! For $2 I could have (and, did) go and find a Starbucks as soon as I left in the morning. Otherwise, the breakfast was great with lots of different choices. Overall, it was a fine hotel and I'd probably stay there again. San Antonio is such a great city.

Green Features: I didn't see a recycling bin / can in the room that I had.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear ScottyG777,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the hotel. I do regret that we didn't meet your expectations with our coffee. As an avid coffee drinker myself I know how important that first cup of coffee is.

Should your travels bring you back to San Antonio we would like to welcome you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport and I will personnally make sure we have Starbucks brewing in the morning.

Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Checked in at 3:00 pm and requested a first floor room due to disability. I was told by desk clerk that room requested was not available, We were given room 303. We had complained about very bad wifi connection on a previous stay and found it to be just as bad on this stay. The bedside lights would flicker, short or bad bulbs? I hope the fire alarms are working better.
We found earplugs on the bed stands that evening? We found out WHY? The noise from traffic and airplanes was atrocious!
Shame on you Hyatt and shame on me--never again!!

Room Tip: Stay some where else, if you need to sleep!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear DelRio_TexasBill

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with us. We regret that you encountered issues with our internet and apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. We realize that a quite room, internet access, and comfortable amenities are what our travelers need and we use feedback like yours to continously improve on our product.

Again I regret that your experience here was less than what you would expect from a Hyatt hotel, should you travels bring you back to San Antonio please contact me personally so that I may oversee your reservation process.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Front desk check in. We got here at 6 but they didn't have any rooms ready. When we got into the room it was Streaming hot and seems to have been an empty room to begin with. The cleaning lady even knocked and said she hadn't cleaned it and wasn't sure if it needed service.

The beds online said it was a double queen beds. We get here and they r full. Breakfast was exactly how nicole m stated below. I will NEVER stay here again!

No door to the closet, small bathroom and dirty shower curtain, bathroom door doesn't lock or close completly. So my husband had no privacy, we have two girls. The television is completly on the edge and may fall in which case I am sure your going to have to pay for it. Dont prepay. I wanted to walk out and look for another hotel. But would have been out nearly 300.00 oh and Nowhere to sit at breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear PumkinPie03,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience on Trip Advisor. We value your feedback for we can only learn by listening to our guests. I regret that we failed in delivering the service you have come to expect from a Hyatt Place property. Please know that what you encountered was an isolated event and not the norm here at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you the type of service we are proud to deliver. Should your travels bring you back to San Antonio please contact me personally so I may handle your arrangements. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel and the only reason I am still here is because I pre-paid! The hotel over all is ok, but upon check in the gentleman that checked in before me was given really great service and was asked if he wanted a tour of the hotel and was also told what breakfast hours were. I however did not get the same welcome nor explained anything about breakfast or hotel. The best I got was "Good thing you brought blankets" I said why is that and the response was "Because we are out". Hmmm, should have been my first clue. The room, like I said, is ok other than the fact that the bathroom is SMALL! There is hardly room for you to get in without a battle with the door. The shower has a half glass pane and leaks all over the floor.

Now on to breakfast. It's sub par if that! Yesterday was our first experience and let me say it was crazy!! I am completely understanding that it is Spring Break, and it will be busy. This was awful. Not enough food, not enough staff to work it. Let it slide and then went down this morning. It was worse. Having to wait for food, not enough plates or bowls or anything else. I asked for a plastic spoon from the cafe and was told to wait and they would get me silverware. They never came back. Luckily my daughter had a plastic one. The sandwiches were cold in the center. The plates were all wet and the bowl I picked up was wet, with a long hair in it. They never offered to get me another. When the lady brought out sandwiches I told her I needed 4 and she just seemed annoyed. At 9:30 ON THE DOT they pulled everything! If they are behind, they should keep serving a little longer. Then as we were sitting there, while one of my kids couldn't even get cereal, one of the employees walks by with a nice French Toast breakfast and that was not even served today! I can keep going, but this sums it up for the most part.

Last..I came in the hotel yesterday and did not have a key. I went to the front desk and stood for over 5 min. Nobody came up. Phone kept ringing and ringing. I finally had to go to the General Manager's office where he and the front desk clerk were sitting in there laughing and having a great time, while customers waited.

I do not think I have ever had such an experience. Again, had I of not prepaid I would leave.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Nicole M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide with your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay and that you left with a negative impression of us.

With Kindest Regards,