“Had to leave before even getting to room.”

Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market
Ranked #86 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, DC
“Had to leave before even getting to room.”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I am a Diamond member. I called the day before and was promised two connecting rooms due to minor children. Upon arrival I was told there was a mistake and they couldn't honor the block as someone had given those rooms away but they were happy to give me a movie or something from the snack bar. Also, the rooms at 4pm weren't even ready.
We chose to leave and go to the Residence Inn where a 2 bedroom suite was available and ready.
Very dissapointed and we weren't the only ones as others were waiting for rooms to be become vacant as well.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Chuckus1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology for the shortcoming experienced and truly appreciate the feedback.

The Hyatt Place is a very unique brand that set us apart from other more tranditional hotels from our 24 food service to our guest room amenities. Although our brand has many unique features our core feature has always been to offer a clean, comfortable home away from home.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Chris Arango

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Booked this hotel initially for what ended up being a one week stay in San Antonio. I've stayed at a few Hyatt Place locations and found the staff to be friendly here but, the accommodations lacking and out of date- the elevator was broken and I walked up and down five flts of stairs twice almost giving my already stressed out visit a second reason to visit the hospital - an asthma attack! The furnishings were dirty and out of date. The hotel looked "tired" and the staff for the shuttle- "worked me in" The area was horrible and I would not stay again. Also, the last thing a guest wants to hear is a manager harping on a staff member to clean a floor- really?? No thanks- to the Omni I went for the next six days!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Green Features: If skimpy is "environmentally friendly" then I guess they're in!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Tripguru43,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on TripAdvisor. I regret that you left the hotel with a less than exceptional experience one would expect from a Hyatt Place property. Due to a very wonderful roll out when the hotel was opened the hotel has been very busy with guests that have stayed with us for a one time visit and with guest that continue to back again and again. That being said we do have plans for nice renovation later this year after the summer season is over to help keep us competitive with the other hotels and to make sure our guests are happy.

I am very pleased that your experience with the staff and shuttle were to your satisfaction. Should your travels bring you back to San Antonio we hope see you back at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport so you can enjoy our wonderful service and new hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived on a Thursday and we greeted and well taken care of by Alex. We were even able to change rooms to get one with a bathtub (easier with kids) which was no problem for Alex to handle. The breakfast was pretty decent, gravy for biscuits was a little watery. They also ran out of plates by 8am one morning and had to go to the back to get more. The beds were very comfy and clean. Only negative was at checkout I waited a couple minutes till a lady came to the desk. Then I told her I was checking out (to be courteous to staff so they could get started cleaning room if necessary)& she mumbled something to me twice and I asked her to repeat because I didn't understand her and she replied, "oh never mind" (very clearly I might add) and pulled up my account and said I would be getting a receipt thru Expedia since that is how I booked the room. I enjoyed my experience throughout the entire four days there. Then the last thing I remember when leaving is a rude hostess... Not good customer service. They might take a cue to be nicer to guests leaving more than any other time so that they may return again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mattnang2003
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mattnang2003,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on Trip Advisor. Great guest service is something we pride ourselves on, so I am deeply disappointed that you encountered a less than pleasant experience at check out. I would like to let you know that what you experienced was the exception and not the norm here at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Should you travels bring you back to San Antonio we would love the opportunity to provide you with the level of service that is second to none here at the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you back soon to the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Ft. Worth, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've stayed at many Hyatt's before so on a business trip I decided to try this hotel out which is located quite close to the Quarry. The Quarry itself is a metropolis of shops and restaurants and you'll find just about every franchise and non-franchise restaurant brand there. The Quarry golf course is also located close by and I was sad not to have had a chance to play on this beautiful looking golf course.

As for the hotel itself, the exterior was clean, as was the lobby, though there was a weird smell when I checked in, it appeared that the carpets had just been wet-cleaned. The check-in process was quick, but a little dubious. I was asked for my CC to cover any incidental charges by the clerk checking me in, he proceeded to swipe my card and was about to hand the card back to me when he decided to attend to another guest who wanted to purchase food from the bar. Another clerk took over and proceeded to ask me for my CC again and swiped it, even though I had just mentioned to her that this process had already been completed.

I was given the keys to a room on the 4th floor, proceeded to the room itself and found I couldn't get it. After trying several times, I went back downstairs only to find the original clerk back at the desk, and he informed me that my room was in fact on the 6th floor, I had been given keys to the wrong room.

the room itself was clean, as was the bedding, rest room area and vanity area, the carpets in the room was wet (looks like this carpet had been wet cleaned too) so there was a wet smell throughout the room, it would have been better for them to install new carpets instead as it looked worn out, as did the carpets in the hallway.

Also, they only had ice-making machines on the 3rd and 5th floor so I had to take the elevator every-time I needed some ice.

Would I come back to stay here again? I'm not too sure, the location is good, but I just wasn't overly impressed with the Hyatt brand hotel that I stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from elevators and ice-making machines
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear JBSJP,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience. We value your feedback for we can only learn by listening to our guests. I regret that we failed in delivering the service you have come to expect from a Hyatt Place property. Please know that what you encountered was an isolated event and not the norm here at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you the type of service we are proud to deliver. Should your travels bring you back to San Antonio please contact me personally so I may handle your arrangements. I look forward to welcoming you back.

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family stayed at this hotel during a weekend trip to San Antonio. My sister is a regular customer at the Hyatt Place hotel. I ended up staying at the hotel while my family attended to appointments. The staff went out of their way to ensure that our stay was exceptional. Each time I saw the staff they asked how my stay was going and whether they could assist me in anyway. I carry a Camelbak which I fill with water and the staff on several occasions offered to fill it with ice water for me. At the end of my stay I ended up waiting for my family for several hours after checkout and the staff constantly asked how I was doing and whether I needed anything. I was assisted by Robert, Annabelle and Chris who all went above & beyond to ensure my stay was exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel because of the great staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport/Quarry Market, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Steven G.

Thank you for offering such wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to recognize the employees you encountered that made your stay more memorable. One thing we talk about here at the hotel is that service is the only thing that will truly set us apart from our competitors. When I read comments like your that highlight the performance of our staff, I feel like we truly are setting ourselves apart from our competitors.

Again thank you for your wonderful comments and should your travels bring you back to San Antonio we hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Warmest Regards,

Alpine, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The first time everything went well. I travel on business and am state tax exempt. I turned in my form the day before I checked out and when I received my invoice the next morning the state tax plus a mysterious food charge was included. I brought this to the attention of the young lady at the front desk who did her best to fix it then and there and was unable to. She said she would have her manager take care of it for me and that I should call Monday morning to make sure it had been done. I called Monday morning and spoke with the Assistant Gm (I believe) Raquel. She had me send another copy of my tax exempt form and told me she would e-mail my corrected invoice shortly. It never came. I called again on Tuesday, spoke with the same person, was again told it would be handled, and that my invoice would be e-mailed and again, nothing. I have to have an accurate invoice in order to be reimbursed and I had been trying to accomplish that for 3 days now. I called again this afternoon, was told that Raquel was available and then got booted to her voicemail. I then called corporate to complain and was finally given to a person named Roberto. He told me the charges had been refunded for the taxes, and when I asked about the food charge, he insinuated that it must have been for water that I had purchased but that they would refund the charges anyway. He was perfectly pleasant but also very abrupt. I have been in customer service for years and I can tell when someone is only dealing with me. I did not appreciate being made to feel as though I was in the wrong for being persistent about clearing up a matter I was assured would be handled time and again. I did not once receive an apology, nor did I get the feeling they were contrite in the least. They did the bare minimum to help and I did not appreciate the attitude. Since I travel for work and this is my boss's preferred hotel I may end up forced to stay here again, but if I ever have a choice I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rachel C

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience on Trip Advisor. We value your feedback for we can only learn by listening to our guests. I regret that we failed in delivering the service you have come to expect from a Hyatt Place property. Please know that what you encountered was an isolated event and not the norm here at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you the type of service we are proud to deliver. Should your travels bring you back to San Antonio please contact me personally so I may handle your arrangements. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Lubbock, TX
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

San Antonio has a lot of choices. Hyatt Place is located close to the quarry area just off of 281, which takes you pretty fast to downtown and to the airport. The hotel has a good size parking lot and the area seems safe. Rooms are a little dated, it is time to renovate to keep up with the competition. I would consider staying again if the price is good and location right.
If you are bothered by road noise you should ask for a room on the backside away from 281 highway.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pedi dent,

Than you for taking the time to write a review of the Hyatt Place San Antono Airport on Trip Advisor. Whether you are with us for business or pleasure, we know you have several choices and we are honored that you have selected Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport.

Our commitment to our guest is that we will delivery superior professional and courteous service and our Gallery team is prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. We also want to make sure that the hotel maintains a fresh vibrant look and feel for all of our hotel guests. With that in mind the hotel will be going under some planned renovations that are scheduled for later this year.

Again thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and if there is anything we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.