“Bar 601 is the one to visit”

Tower of the Americas
Book In Advance
US$49.99*
and up
San Antonio River Walk Cruise, Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Tower of the Americas...
US$42.11*
and up
San Antonio Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour, River Cruise, and Tower of the...
US$62.00*
Executive Downtown San Antonio Segway Tour
Ranked #33 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: This 750-foot tower built for the 1968 HemisFair has unbeatable panoramic views, especially if you're in the tower's revolving restaurant.
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Take the lift to bar 601. Mon thru Fri they have happy hour 4.30pm to 7pm, food from $4 to $6 and drinks from $3 to $7. The Mediterranean chicken wrap $6 was great and filling. The rest of my companions had the prime rib sliders ($6), a hit with kids, fish tacos ($6), lettuce wraps ($5), ahi nachos ($5) and calamari ($5) all great. We also splurged on the chocolate lava cake for desert $10.99, yum! Of course the view was amazing from any of the tables. Get there at the start of happy hour to ensure you get a table. Service was very good and to top it off we watched the World Cup soccer on the screen.

4  Thank TravelAsia95

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went to eat at the Chart House but we really enjoyed the views of San Antonio from the Bar. We loved all the San Antonio History and old Photos that were in the Tower and the grounds with all the waterfalls were beautiful. I was very regretful that I didn't have some of my grandchildren with us to take photos of them. Those are great for a photo shoot. There were teens dressed for prom having photos taken that evening. We didn't have to pay for the tower as we ate at the Chart House but I wouldn't mind paying $12 for a ticket. I think it would be worth it. I do think that $8 is too much for the parking though.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Whenever in a new city, in a foreign land, if there's a tower, I'll normally do it. I actually don't like heights, but most towers are perfectly safe, and give a great view of the surrounding area. Getting a perspective of a city's layout is always important, and fun.

The Tower was quiet on this day (a weekday in early may on an overcast day), so I was spoilt by not having huge crowds to contend with.

The lift is fast and frequent, with a nice view. The tower feels very secure, and even outside doesn't scare me as other towers have done. It's not exceptionally tall, but certainly the highest building in town, so an uninterrupted view of the city, suburbs and surrounds is what you get - and it's lovely.

Once again, the gift shop wasn't full of tacky overpriced merchandise, and actually had some nice surprises, at reasonable costs. What I WAS surprised by was the 4D theatre experience, which was included in the price of admission (which was already at a reasonably low price, in my opinion). 4D theatres can normally be a bit tacky, but this actually was quite a lot of fun. Of course, it's VERY "Texas" (where everything is bigger and better), but the seat movements, and fog / wind / rain effects made it quite a bit of fun.

Easily a 2 to 3 hour attraction, for all the family.

3  Thank Dominic F
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I lived in Texas for 30 plus years in my life and have never been in the tower until now. I was surprised at the views and also was impressed by the 4d movie that comes as a package. This is a must see attraction.

1  Thank Wellswins
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lots of historical panoramas inside, a great view of San Antonio, you can look around from the outside or from inside air conditioned comfort

Been to Tower of the Americas? Share your experiences!