“First time in San Antonio only!”

Tower of the Americas
Book In Advance
More Info
US$64.99*
and up
San Antonio Super Pass
Ranked #50 of 280 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: This 750-foot tower built for the 1968 HemisFair has unbeatable panoramic views, especially if you're in the tower's revolving restaurant.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is another "Thing to do in San Antonio",,, but only if it your first time in the city.
I've been several times in San Antonio, this past weekend was my second time at the tower... for the second time it was not worth the $10 ish ticket to the observatory deck....
BUT, if you are in San Antonio for the first time, you need to visit the Tower, excellent view, don't forget to experience the 4D show included on your ticket fee, believe me it's worth wait the 30 minutes to see the movie.

1  Thank Luis B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,020)
All reviews
"revolving restaurant"
in 55 reviews
"d movie"
in 51 reviews
"great view of the city"
in 33 reviews
in 78 reviews
"water features"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great view of the city! However it is very windy on the outside part of the observation deck, hold on to your things. Lot's of photos and history on the inner part of the observation deck. The 4D theater has a good movie about the different areas of Texas.

1  Thank Cindy P
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have to start by saying that we went with a Groupon (for the adults) and used a coupon (for the child). I'm not sure I would pay full price for this experience. Having said that, the best time to go in the summer is after 6 pm. We were able to see the city during the day and also enjoy the nighttime view. The views are amazing. We also saved ourselves the cost of parking because street-side parking is free after 6 pm. Ladies, do NOT wear skirts. Everyone else needs to hang on to their hats. The wind in the observation tower is crazy strong. The 4D movie was just ok. I would have been upset if I had walked in and paid full price for it. Another thing they don't tell you is that the 4D movie is also considered a "ride" and that children under 38" (If I remember correctly.) are not allowed. Our usher was not the strictest but if you do have an usher that enforces the rules you will be upset if you paid full price and then are not allowed in with a young child.

1  Thank The_G_Family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Glad I went. Easily accessed by foot through Hemisfair Park. Not very crowded. Small wait time for elevators to the top. A bit outdated in the restaurant/bar area. Fun to see the city from that viewpoint after being in the area for a few days. Didn't have time for the 4D movie that was part of the package, so that might have made the whole thing come together?

1  Thank NurseMama25