My husband and I stayed at this location for 6 nights. We were impressed when we walked in the door because the room was very clean, large and well laid out. It had a very nice kitchen, with nice appliances. I would have liked to have more hangers for my clothes, it had two. Fortunately, I took a few from home. We had not been in San Antonio for over 24 years, and we knew no one in the city, so we have to rely on addresses to key onto our GPS to get us where we wanted to go. Unfortunately, the rooms have no phone books, and this location has virtually no WiFi. So, it became expensive to try and find places to eat, grocery stores, attractions etc. We asked several times about the WiFi, and they kept telling us that their signal was weak, but that they would be working on it. When they did have WiFi service, we had to go outside close to the office, or actually sit inside the office in order to connect with the Internet. This property is adding another building to it, so during the day, it was loud when the workers were there. During the weekend, there must be a club or party rental place very close because the loud music was playing up to 1 or 2 in the morning. This property is also very close to the airport, so the noise of air-plains taking off is constant. We noticed that the message light on the phone in the room was also constantly blinking. We called and the office said that it was probably a message for the previous occupant. The phone never stopped blinking. I'm sure it was a standard response, because one of the times that I was in the lobby trying to connect with their WiFi internet, I overheard someone call regarding a constant message light on their phone, and the response was the same. Malfunctioning phones? OH, I forgot to mention that I went to the office to ask for a phone book, and they did not have one. We got so frustrated without Internet access, that we walked next door to the Super 8 motel, and asked the manager if we could use their WiFi, and he was very gracious, giving us the pin number for their WiFi. He also said that someone from Studio 6 comes in almost daily to ask for the use of their WiFi. So I am assuming that Studio 6 has an ongoing problem with the WiFi.
The rooms are much better than I expected, however, I would not stay at this location again, due to the lack of Internet, and also because their employees seem to not care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Studio 6 San Antonio Airport is a non-smoking all suite property with full equipped kitchens. Less than 2 miles away from the San Antonio International Airport and North Star Mall. We are and extended stay property and offer weekly housekeeping for our long term guest.We offer a guest laundry facility, and Free WiFi in all guest rooms and HD TV with Free HBO and SHOWTIME. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Studio 6 San Antonio - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homegate Studio Hotel Airport
- Studio 6 San Antonio - Airport Texas