“This is a Motel 6?...Nice.”

Studio 6 San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #276 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Buellton, California
“This is a Motel 6?...Nice.”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Though hit or miss as another reviewer said, as far as the chain as a whole, this motel on hiwy. 281 is real nice. It was being remodeled and another completely new wing was being built during May of '13. Nice lobby and staff at check-in. There was a statement about the office being closed at 10pm which I didn't quite follow. I believe there must be an employee at a motel 24/7. The room was a real surprise when we opened the door. It looked almost Retro or european. The floor was attractive with no carpet. Thank you. The pillows were stacked on edge and the TV was flat screen in the wall. This being a Studio 6, it had a real nice kitchen with radiant heat surface top, microwave, refrig., nece pots and pans and flatware. A corner seat table combo and another work table. The downers are, the tub shower itself was from prior to remodel and was very worn out. Good water pressure and hot and fine showerhead though. Nice sink outside of bath area. At 6am, for about 45 minutes, the aircraft start leaving and you will hear them. A muffled roar of engines. Would definitely look for another Studio 6 again. Excellant beds and blankets and covers.

Room Tip: A new wing on left is being built now. Try for a room at rear for less aircraft noise in morning.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Walton, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was not sure about this motel as Motel 6 can be hit and miss with quality and service. This particular studio 6 exceeded my expectations for the price I paid. The rooms have been recently remodeled with new beds and all. There is also an elevator in the back of the motel which made it nice when bringing up your luggage. The cooking area was small but practical. The bathroom is tiny, but everything was functional. Thankfully, the bathroom sink was outside of the actual bathroom. The location was good as it was right by the highway which made for an easy trip to the airport or downtown, The only downside while staying there was the pool was not opened.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sere B
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at this location for 6 nights. We were impressed when we walked in the door because the room was very clean, large and well laid out. It had a very nice kitchen, with nice appliances. I would have liked to have more hangers for my clothes, it had two. Fortunately, I took a few from home. We had not been in San Antonio for over 24 years, and we knew no one in the city, so we have to rely on addresses to key onto our GPS to get us where we wanted to go. Unfortunately, the rooms have no phone books, and this location has virtually no WiFi. So, it became expensive to try and find places to eat, grocery stores, attractions etc. We asked several times about the WiFi, and they kept telling us that their signal was weak, but that they would be working on it. When they did have WiFi service, we had to go outside close to the office, or actually sit inside the office in order to connect with the Internet. This property is adding another building to it, so during the day, it was loud when the workers were there. During the weekend, there must be a club or party rental place very close because the loud music was playing up to 1 or 2 in the morning. This property is also very close to the airport, so the noise of air-plains taking off is constant. We noticed that the message light on the phone in the room was also constantly blinking. We called and the office said that it was probably a message for the previous occupant. The phone never stopped blinking. I'm sure it was a standard response, because one of the times that I was in the lobby trying to connect with their WiFi internet, I overheard someone call regarding a constant message light on their phone, and the response was the same. Malfunctioning phones? OH, I forgot to mention that I went to the office to ask for a phone book, and they did not have one. We got so frustrated without Internet access, that we walked next door to the Super 8 motel, and asked the manager if we could use their WiFi, and he was very gracious, giving us the pin number for their WiFi. He also said that someone from Studio 6 comes in almost daily to ask for the use of their WiFi. So I am assuming that Studio 6 has an ongoing problem with the WiFi.
The rooms are much better than I expected, however, I would not stay at this location again, due to the lack of Internet, and also because their employees seem to not care.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosa K
lake havasu city,az
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The rooms are newly renovated and very large, The staff are freindly, however if you get locked out after 10 pm, you will have to wait til the morning to get into your room as the staff leaves at that time. The only problem I have encountered is having the guests on the floor above me walking around is very noisy.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Burbank, California
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I took a chance on this location because of the rate I got online and the promise of the newly renovated rooms... and wasn't disappointed. I stayed 8 days and the rate was the best I've gotten for an extended stay location, especially because of the quality of the room. I think I was the first person to stay in this room. Everything was brand new (except the bathroom) and clean. It's a non-smoking hotel so it is refreshing not to have a smoke wafting into your room at random hours. It's not the best location, but I didn't feel unsafe as a solo traveler here. There is construction site next door and even though there was jackhammering during the day, I wasn't bothered by it. There are some kinks to work out (I had to ask for hangers, and a do not disturb sign, the tub dripped) I hope this location can maintain their cleanliness, but I have my doubts at this rate. It's a quick 15 minute drive to downtown, a 5 minute drive to Alamo Quarry and easy access to 281 and 410.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was looking forward to staying here because of the newly renovated rooms and what i thought to be great weekly rates!! I was coming to the SA are for business and typically stay at least a month. Well to keep it short and sweet, I was i was paying a certain weekly rate online in which I called the hotel to verify and the lady I spoke with quoted me a price about $100 higher. I explained that I was looking online as I was speaking with her and went over the prices that were being quoted online. She stated she didn't know why they were higher and didn't suggest any resolution. I then decided to stop at the place to look at a room but before that happened I seen a DIFFERENT weekly rate (now the 3rd) on a sign at the front desk! I asked her why it stated that in which she tried to say it was the tax rate (listed online as %16.75) which did not come out right to the total she was stating. I did the math right in front of her at the front desk and she stated she didn't know why it was different and that her manager was at lunch so she couldn't help me. Its a bummer when you aren't given a direct answer as to how much it costs to stay at a place and there are 3 different totals listed of which you advised the employee and she always wanted to charge the highest (what she was stating was in her system) I even offered to show her the reservation on my computer so she knew I was not making it up of which she declined and stated there was nothing she could do!!! Pooooor Customer service, and needless to stay I won't be staying there due to the "hidden fees" Looks like a great place to stay but I find customer service important and its lacking here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business