Like the title says, don't expect a five-star hotel. I would classify this hotel in the "economy" category. That being said, if you are planning an extended-stay, you cannot beat the price/value you get!
During our visit, if you booked a week or more, you got a special rate. We got our room (two queen beds) for $45.00 a night! The rooms were recently renovated, which was nice. Half of the hotel property was still under construction, but we never had any problems with noise/shady people.
What I loved the most about this place, is the fact it comes with a small kitchen complete with a full-sized (however smaller, not a tiny mini-friedge though) refrigerator, sink, and two electric burners. The room also comes with basic pots/pans/kitchenware. This was very important to me as I prefer to eat healthy vs fast food when I'm traveling. That is very difficult to do without a kitchen. This alone is a huge selling point to me. How many other places come with all that for only $45.00 a night? Not many. The burners worked fine, but took a while to heat up and cook certain things as they are not normal house-quality burners. I would not want to cook anything that required boiling water, but it worked for what we needed.
The location is good as well. It's still in a good part of town. I did not feel unsafe in this part of San Antonio (unlike some places on the south/east sides of town). The hotel is very close to the airport and is close to most of the main highways.
The air conditioner worked great and kept the room cool throughout the day. This is something I always look for in a room.
The staff were friendly. We had to take out our own trash (I don't think they "made" our room once during our stay), but other than that it was fine. We had to ask for new towels every day, but they always gave us what we asked for.
The only "cons" would be related to quality. Everything in the room is cheap cheap cheap. The floors, the bathtub, the bed, the kitchen, everything. That's not to say it did not work, everything worked fine for what it was, and again, for $45.00 a night, what do you expect? The quality of the room did not bother me too much, although my mother who has back problems had a hard time sleeping on the bed. She said it was "lumpy". I slept fine.
The only other thing is that there was not a fitness center available. We did not go into the pool, but it did look clean.
All in all, if you are looking for a good deal on a room that has a lot more to offer than most, I would highly recommend this hotel. Especially if you are going to be out and about for most of the day and mainly at the room to eat/sleep. If you are looking for a more traditional hotel, or if you are trying to impress your girlfriend or something, this may not be the one for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Studio 6 San Antonio Airport is a non-smoking all suite property with full equipped kitchens. Less than 2 miles away from the San Antonio International Airport and North Star Mall. We are and extended stay property and offer weekly housekeeping for our long term guest.We offer a guest laundry facility, and Free WiFi in all guest rooms and HD TV with Free HBO and SHOWTIME. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Studio 6 San Antonio - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homegate Studio Hotel Airport
- Studio 6 San Antonio - Airport Texas