I travel to San Antonio about two times per month. I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express near downtown, but a coworker from out of state was staying at this location so I chose to stay here as well. I stayed here one time before several years ago and was not a fan of the location. Things have not improved in the five years since I stayed last.
Overall this Holiday Inn Express is passable but not at the top of its game. The lobby is small and ackward….it seemed more of an afterthought given the size of the hotel.
Breakfast is typical Holiday Inn Express, hot items, cold items, juice, tea, etc. The breakfast area is too small for the size of the hotel.
The rooms dated but appear clean. It is evident that this hotel is rather old. I was in a king sized room. The beds is acceptable and they have a nice selection of firm and soft pillows. The climate control system worked well and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise. Unfortunately, the white noise does nothing to drown out the horrible road noise at this location…the windows are just not acceptable, even from my seventh floor room. Additionally, the walls must be thin, as you hear toilets flushing in nearby rooms. The curtains were pretty weak as they left huge gaps against the wall. The rooms are well lit, had plenty of light, plenty of plugs, and have HDTV’s. Overall the room has a very awkward layout. There is no couch, but an easy chair. The TV is oddly offset from the TV. The work desk is small but acceptable. There is no normal closet, rather just a small armoire. The bathroom is small, dated, but acceptable.
The free internet is passable but disconnects from time to time. There are many restaurants in walking distance.
The location is very close to the airport and has plenty of parking. The outdoor pool is welcoming. They have an absolutely tiny (three pieces of equipment) gym, unacceptable even for a limited service hotel.
Overall, I don’t see myself coming back, there are other better options for the same or less money in the area. You can stay downtown for only a few dollars more in a nicer hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Airport (SAT) Just one mile from the San Antonio International Airport. The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service. (4:00 AM - 11:30 PM) The hotel also offers shuttle service to and from North Star Mall.Whether you're here for business or pleasure this hotel is designed to ensure a comfortable stay. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center. Polish that presentation with our 24-hour business center or our free wireless Internet access. Enjoy a swim in our crystal-clear outdoor pool.We welcome you to relax in the comfortable ambiance of our hotel lobby or enjoy our free Express Start breakfast buffet that features our famous cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, omelets, biscuits with gravy and Smart Roast coffee.Our meeting space and hospitality spirit will make your next meeting standout above the rest.Enjoy the kind of sleep you only dream about with our Simply Smart bedding collection featuring triple sheeting so everything you touch is always clean and fresh.Find everything you would expect, and much more at the Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Holiday Inn San Antonio
- San Antonio Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport Texas