“Very close to the airport”

Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport
Ranked #117 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Montreal
“Very close to the airport”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

++ Nice location for someone waiting for a flight, close to the airport
++ Free shuttle to the airport, <5min ride.

++ Free wifi, free breakfast.

Nice room but:
-- No fridge (San Antonio can be hot)
-- The "desk" was unconfortable (narrow and chair too low)
-- no bottle of water at checkin, too bad for an airport hotel where people arrive from long trips...
-- Noisy, I was disturbed not by the planes, but the night trains..

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We arrived early and we were able to check-in to only on of seven rooms which was fine with us. We cleaned up and were able to follow our itenirary for our reunion. Guest services were great, they held our large groups of luggage. Front dest was very courteous and we willing to please us.
Our visit was from July 30-Aug.1, 2010.

• Stayed July 2010
Ottawa
Reviewed 7 August 2010

One of the best hotel experiences I've ever had.

The free-shuttle is a huge bonus - I only waited about 15min after I called for the shuttle to pick me up at the airport. The driver was very friendly - she told me all about the city and noted a couple places I should check-out.

Got to the hotel at just before 10:30pm and check-in literally took a minute. Gave them my name, and I got my card just like that. The staff were extremely friendly - I got a tour around the ground floor and then headed up to my room.

My room was nice and large - very stylish. It had a half partition separating the king bed from the sitting area. The bed was super comfy. Didn't hear any noises through the night, even though I was facing the highway.

Continental Airlines had lost my baggage in transit, but it arrived overnight. The next morning when I went downstairs for breakfast the same staff member from the night before asked if I wanted my suitcase upstairs or if they should hold on to it (I was leaving in 30min for another flight). He explained they received my bag at 1am but didn't want to wake me. I was quite grateful for that haha.

Breakfast was great - good selection and free! Check-out was easy and just as quick as check-in, and the taxi they called for me was right on time. It was a great stay!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2010

The Holiday Inn Express - San Antonio Airport was definitely a good find for our trip. We booked on hotwire for a great rate. We arrived at night & were able to check in quickly. The layout of the hotel was a bit confusing at first, but once we got it figured out, it was not a problem.

We were in a room with 2 beds and plenty of space for our stuff. TV worked great. We spent a lot of time in the pool, which was nice. It is outside on the back of the hotel away from the busy highways. I liked the parking garage that the hotel shares with the Drury Inn next door. Very simple to park there, come inside the hotel to the elevators and up to our room.

The ice/vending signs do need updated, as they don't match which floors have them. The fitness room was nice, as was the hotel breakfast. Was nice to see biscuits & gravy offered every day. Other choices included cereals, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bacon/sausage, eggs, rolls, etc... They did not have a waffle maker, which is the only thing that would have made breakfast perfect for us.

The business center was nice, but with only one computer, there were times that I had to wait and come back several times to access the computer.

I have a mixed review of the location. On the one hand, it is very very close to the airport and right at the intersection of I410 and other highways in San Antonio.... On the other hand, the highway system is incredibly confusing right there... and it was challenging to say the least to get on & off the highway to get to/from the hotel. Use a map and don't hesitate to ask for the best way to get to something - you might save yourself a lot of frustration.

All in all, it was a very good hotel -- clean, friendly, and the price was definitely right. Our plans changed while we were at this hotel. So, ironic as it was... I used the computer in the hotel's business center to go on hotwire and book another night in San Antonio - once again, I got a room at this hotel & was pleasantly relieved that it all worked out.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I enjoyed my two day stay at this hotel, it was very easy to access the major road (I410), around San Antonio and get anywhere you wanted to go in San Antonio. You are within 5 to 10 minutes of a shopping center with a multiplex movie theater and numerous restaurants, some within walking distance. My only issue was the ice makers. Signs stated icemakers were available on floors 9,7,4,3,2. Ice makers on floors 9 and 7 gave 5 cubes of ice and that was it, no ice maker existed on floor 4, thus leaving the one that worked for me on floor 3. I did mention this to the front desk staff and hopefully it is fixed for your visit and the non-existent one is replaced or the signs updated.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Houston
Reviewed 8 July 2010

When I walked into the hotel, the lady was very courteous as she checked us in. When we saw the room, it was neat and clean. I thought everything was great until the toilet refused to flush on day two. My husband ended up filling it with water which caused it to flush. Then around 7 in the morning on day three the toilet decided to overflow. We called the front desk an the attendant said the maintenance and cleaning crew would be in around 8. Then around 8:20, my husband called and they said the crew hadn't arrived yet. It was around 9 before anyone came to fix the problem. While packing, my husband confessed that he had been killing crickets in the room everyday. He didn't say anything because he didn't want us to become alarmed. So, in spite of the toilet problems and the crickets, it was okay...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
manila
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Variety of fruits /and not only bananas for the 8 days I am staying here/
Sign to make up room instead of just change liinen
For long ataying guests cleaning of the bathroom every other day should be a must
Staff not so cordial